Human Mouse Rat
Fusion protein amino acids 469-691 (SH3/PDZ domains) of rat Shank1 (accession number Q9WV48)
Human: 96% identity (215/223 amino acids identical)
Mouse: 100% identity (223/223 amino acids identical)
No cross-reactivity against Shank2 or Shank3
SH3 and multiple ankyrin repeat domains protein 1 (Shank1) (GKAP/SAPAP-interacting protein) (SPANK-1) (Somatostatin receptor-interacting protein) (SSTR-interacting protein) (SSTRIP) (Synamon)
TC Supernatant: AB_10673108
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
190-220 kDa(alternative splice variants)
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- MacGillavry HD,,, Kerr JM,, Kassner J, Frost NA,,, Blanpied TA.. (2016), 'Shank-cortactin interactions control actin dynamics to maintain flexibility of neuronal spines and synapses. .' European Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1111/ejn.13129. " "
- Schreiber J, Végh MJ, Dawitz J, Kroon T, Loos M, Labonté D, Li KW, Van Nierop P, Van Diepen MT, De Zeeuw CI, Kneussel M, Meredith RM, Smit AB, Van Kesteren RE.. (2015), 'Ubiquitin ligase TRIM3 controls hippocampal plasticity and learning by regulating synaptic γ-actin levels. .' The Journal of Biology. 10.1083/jcb.201506048. " "
- Farley MM, Swulius MT, Waxham MN.. (2015), 'Electron tomographic structure and protein composition of isolated rat cerebellar, hippocampal and cortical postsynaptic densities. .' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2015.07.062. " "
- Braude JP, Vijayakumar S, Baumgarner K, Laurine R, Jones TA, Jones SM, Pyott SJ.. (2015), 'Deletion of Shank1 has minimal effects on the molecular composition and function of glutamatergic afferent postsynapses in the mouse inner ear. .' Hearing Research. 10.1016/j.heares.2015.01.008. " "
- Han K, Holder JL Jr, Schaaf CP, Lu H, Chen H, Kang H, Tang J, Wu Z, Hao S, Cheung SW, Yu P, Sun H, Breman AM, Patel A, Lu HC, Zoghbi HY.. (2013), 'SHANK3 overexpression causes manic-like behaviour with unique pharmacogenetic properties. .' Nature. 10.1038/nature12630. " "
- Catarino T, Ribeiro L, Santos SD, Carvalho AL.. (2013), 'Regulation of synapse composition by protein acetylation: the role of acetylated cortactin. .' Journal of Cell Science. 10.1242/jcs.110742. " "
- Verpelli C, Dvoretskova E, Vicidomini C, Rossi F, Chiappalone M, Schoen M, Di Stefano B, Mantegazza R, Broccoli V, Böckers TM, Dityatev A, Sala C.. (2011), 'Importance of Shank3 protein in regulating metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 (mGluR5) expression and signaling at synapses. .' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M111.258384. "