Human Mouse Rat
IHC IP WB
Fusion protein amino acids 1751-1946 (cytoplasmic C-terminus) of human Nav1.7 (also known as sodium channel protein type 9 subunit alpha, neuroendocrine sodium channel, hNE-Na and peripheral sodium channel 1, accession number Q15858)
Mouse: 96% identity (190/196 amino acids identical)
Rat: 95% identity (186/196 amino acids identical)
Shares 66-84% identity with other Nav channels
No cross-reactivity against other Nav channels
Sodium channel protein type 9 subunit alpha (Neuroendocrine sodium channel) (hNE-Na) (Peripheral sodium channel 1) (PN1) (Sodium channel protein type IX subunit alpha) (Voltage-gated sodium channel subunit alpha Nav1.7)
TC Supernatant: AB_10672976
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe lysate from COS cells overexpressing target.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
Citations and References
- Laedermann CJ, Syam N, Pertin M, Decosterd I, Abriel H.. (2013), 'β1- and β3- voltage-gated sodium channel subunits modulate cell surface expression and glycosylation of Nav1.7 in HEK293 cells. .' Frontiers in Neuroscience. 10.3389/fncel.2013.00137. " "
- Lu VB, Ikeda SR, Puhl HL 3rd.. (2015), 'A 3.7 kb fragment of the mouse Scn10a gene promoter directs neural crest but not placodal lineage EGFP expression in a transgenic animal. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0214-15.2015. " "
- Vandael DH, Ottaviani MM, Legros C, Lefort C, Guérineau NC, Allio A, Carabelli V, Carbone E.. (), 'Reduced availability of voltage-gated sodium channels by depolarization or blockade by tetrodotoxin boosts burst firing and catecholamine release in mouse chromaffin cells. .' The Journal of Physiology. 10.1113/jphysiol.2014.283374. " "
- Campbell TM, Main MJ, Fitzgerald EM.. (2013), 'Functional expression of the voltage-gated Na⁺-channel Nav1.7 is necessary for EGF-mediated invasion in human non-small cell lung cancer cells. .' Journal of Cell Science. 10.1242/jcs.130013. " "
- Dustrude ET, Wilson SM, Ju W, Xiao Y, Khanna R.. (), 'CRMP2 protein SUMOylation modulates NaV1.7 channel trafficking. .' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M113.474924. " "
- Liang L, Fan L, Tao B, Yaster M, Tao YX.. (), 'Protein kinase B/Akt is required for complete Freund's adjuvant-induced upregulation of Nav1.7 and Nav1.8 in primary sensory neurons. .' The Journal of Pain. 10.1016/j.jpain.2013.01.778. " "
- Melemedjian OK, Khoutorsky A, Sorge RE, Yan J, Asiedu MN, Valdez A, Ghosh S, Dussor G, Mogil JS, Sonenberg N, Price TJ.. (), 'mTORC1 inhibition induces pain via IRS-1-dependent feedback activation of ERK. .' Pain. 10.1016/j.pain.2013.03.021. " "
- Eom T, Zhang C, Wang H, Lay K, Fak J, Noebels JL, Darnell RB.. (), 'NOVA-dependent regulation of cryptic NMD exons controls synaptic protein levels after seizure. .' Elife. 10.7554/eLife.00178. " "
- Liu J, Tu H, Zhang D, Zheng H, Li YL.. (), 'Voltage-gated sodium channel expression and action potential generation in differentiated NG108-15 cells. .' BMC Neuroscience. 10.1186/1471-2202-13-129. " "
- Cachemaille M, Laedermann CJ, Pertin M, Abriel H, Gosselin RD, Decosterd I.. (2012), 'Neuronal expression of the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2 in rat dorsal root ganglia: modulation in the spared nerve injury model of neuropathic pain. .' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2012.09.044. " "
- Ho C, Zhao J, Malinowski S, Chahine M, O'Leary ME.. (), 'Differential expression of sodium channel β subunits in dorsal root ganglion sensory neurons. .' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M111.333740. " "
- Yan J, Melemedjian OK, Price TJ, Dussor G.. (), 'Sensitization of dural afferents underlies migraine-related behavior following meningeal application of interleukin-6 (IL-6). .' Molecular Pain. 10.1186/1744-8069-8-6. " "
- Tappe-Theodor A, Constantin CE, Tegeder I, Lechner SG, Langeslag M, Lepcynzsky P, Wirotanseng RI, Kurejova M, Agarwal N, Nagy G, Todd A, Wettschureck N, Offermanns S, Kress M, Lewin GR, Kuner R. (), 'Gα(q/11) signaling tonically modulates nociceptor function and contributes to activity-dependent sensitization. .' Pain. 10.1016/j.pain.2011.10.014. " "
- Chattopadhyay M, Mata M, Fink DJ.. (2011), 'Vector-mediated release of GABA attenuates pain-related behaviors and reduces Na(V)1.7 in DRG neurons. .' European Journal of Pain. 10.1016/j.ejpain.2011.03.007. " "
- Cox JJ, Sheynin J, Shorer Z, Reimann F, Nicholas AK, Zubovic L, Baralle M, Wraige E, Manor E, Levy J, Woods CG, Parvari R.. (2010), 'Congenital insensitivity to pain: novel SCN9A missense and in-frame deletion mutations. .' Human Mutation. 10.1002/humu.21325. " "
- Ernst SJ, Aguilar-Bryan L, Noebels JL.. (2009), 'Sodium channel beta1 regulatory subunit deficiency reduces pancreatic islet glucose-stimulated insulin and glucagon secretion. .' Endocrinology. 10.1210/en.2008-0991. "