IHC IP WB
Fusion protein amino acids 761-863 (cytoplasmic C-terminus) of rat HCN2 (also known as potassium /sodium hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide gated channel 2, accession number Q9JKA9)
Mouse: 98% identity (101/103 amino acids identical)
Human: 82% identity (86/104 amino acids identical)
<50% identity with HCN1, HCN3 and HCN4
No cross-reactivity against HCN1
Potassium/sodium hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel 2
TC Supernatant: AB_10672304
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe lysate from COS cells overexpressing target.
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Rivera-Meza M, Quintanilla ME, Bustamante D, Delgado R, Buscaglia M, Herrera-Marschitz M.. (2014), 'Overexpression of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels into the ventral tegmental area increases the rewarding effects of ethanol in UChB drinking rats. .' Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 10.1111/acer.12344. " "
- Stoenica L, Wilkars W, Battefeld A, Stadler K, Bender R, Strauss U.. (2013), 'HCN1 subunits contribute to the kinetics of I(h) in neonatal cortical plate neurons. .' Developmental Neurobiology. 10.1002/dneu.22104. " "
- Brewster AL, Lugo JN, Patil VV, Lee WL, Qian Y, Vanegas F, Anderson AE.. (), 'Rapamycin reverses status epilepticus-induced memory deficits and dendritic damage. .' PLoS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0057808. " "
- Abbas SY, Hamade KC, Yang EJ, Nawy S, Smith RG, Pettit DL.. (), 'Directional summation in non-direction selective retinal ganglion cells. .' PLOS Computational Biology. 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1002969. " "
- Ying SW, Kanda VA, Hu Z, Purtell K, King EC, Abbott GW, Goldstein PA.. (2012), 'Targeted deletion of Kcne2 impairs HCN channel function in mouse thalamocortical circuits. .' PLoS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0042756. " "
- Almanza A, Luis E, Mercado F, Vega R, Soto E.. (), 'Molecular identity, ontogeny, and cAMP modulation of the hyperpolarization-activated current in vestibular ganglion neurons. .' Journal of Neurophysiology. 10.1152/jn.00337.2012. " "
- Kanyshkova T, Meuth P, Bista P, Liu Z, Ehling P, Caputi L, Doengi M, Chetkovich DM, Pape HC, Budde T.. (), 'Differential regulation of HCN channel isoform expression in thalamic neurons of epileptic and non-epileptic rat strains. .' Neurobiology of Disease. 10.1016/j.nbd.2011.08.032. " "
- Anderson WD, Galván EJ, Mauna JC, Thiels E, Barrionuevo G.. (2011), 'Properties and functional implications of I (h) in hippocampal area CA3 interneurons. .' Pflügers Archiv: European Journal of Physiology. 10.1007/s00424-011-1025-3. " "
- McClelland S, Flynn C, Dubé C, Richichi C, Zha Q, Ghestem A, Esclapez M, Bernard C, Baram TZ.. (), 'Neuron-restrictive silencer factor-mediated hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide gated channelopathy in experimental temporal lobe epilepsy. .' Annals of Neurology. 10.1002/ana.22479. " "
- Felix RA 2nd, Fridberger A, Leijon S, Berrebi AS, Magnusson AK.. (), 'Sound rhythms are encoded by postinhibitory rebound spiking in the superior paraolivary nucleus. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2450-11.2011. " "
- Giesbrecht CJ, Mackay JP, Silveira HB, Urban JH, Colmers WF.. (2010), 'Countervailing modulation of Ih by neuropeptide Y and corticotrophin-releasing factor in basolateral amygdala as a possible mechanism for their effects on stress-related behaviors. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2306-10.2010. " "
- Yi E, Roux I, Glowatzki E.. (2010), 'Dendritic HCN channels shape excitatory postsynaptic potentials at the inner hair cell afferent synapse in the mammalian cochlea. .' Journal of Neurophysiology. 10.1152/jn.00506.2009. " "
- Ye B, Nerbonne JM.. (2009), 'Proteolytic processing of HCN2 and co-assembly with HCN4 in the generation of cardiac pacemaker channels. .' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M109.007583. " "
- Peters CJ, Chow SS, Angoli D, Nazzari H, Cayabyab FS, Morshedian A, Accili EA.. (), 'In situ co-distribution and functional interactions of SAP97 with sinoatrial isoforms of HCN channels. .' Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 10.1016/j.yjmcc.2009.01.010. " "
- Buniel M, Glazebrook PA, Ramirez-Navarro A, Kunze DL.. (2008), 'Distribution of voltage-gated potassium and hyperpolarization-activated channels in sensory afferent fibers in the rat carotid body. .' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.21796. "