Human Mouse Rat
Fusion protein amino acids 861-912 of rat GABABR2 (also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid type B receptor subunit 2, GABA-B receptor 2, Gb2, G-protein coupled receptor 51 or GPR51, accession number NP_113990) Mouse: 100% identity (52/52 amino acids identical) Human: 100% identity (52/52 amino acids identical <12% identity with GABABR1
No cross-reactivity against GABABR1
Gamma-aminobutyric acid type B receptor subunit 2 (GABA-B receptor 2) (GABA-B-R2) (GABA-BR2) (GABABR2) (Gb2) (G-protein coupled receptor 51) (HG20)
GABBR2 GPR51 GPRC3B
TC Supernatant: AB_10671704
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody has been knockout-validated in mouse brain (by Western blot and/or immunohistochemistry).
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Workman ER, Haddick PC, Bush K, Dilly GA, Niere F, Zemelman BV, Raab-Graham KF.. (2015), 'Rapid antidepressants stimulate the decoupling of GABA(B) receptors from GIRK/Kir3 channels through increased protein stability of 14-3-3η. .' Molecular Psychiatry. 10.1038/mp.2014.165. " "
- Murthy R, Kim J, Sun X, Giger RJ, Fink DJ, Mata M.. (2013), 'Post-transcriptional regulation of GABAB receptor and GIRK1 channels by Nogo receptor 1. .' Molecular Brain. 10.1186/1756-6606-6-30. " "
- Nguyen MV, Du F, Felice CA, Shan X, Nigam A, Mandel G, Robinson JK, Ballas N.. (2013), 'MeCP2 is critical for maintaining mature neuronal networks and global brain anatomy during late stages of postnatal brain development and in the mature adult brain. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1316-12.2012. " "
- Maity B, Stewart A, Yang J, Loo L, Sheff D, Shepherd AJ, Mohapatra DP, Fisher RA.. (2012), 'Regulator of G protein signaling 6 (RGS6) protein ensures coordination of motor movement by modulating GABAB receptor signaling. .' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M111.297218. " "
- Paris-Robidas S, Brochu E, Sintes M, Emond V, Bousquet M, Vandal M, Pilote M, Tremblay C, Di Paolo T, Rajput AH, Rajput A, Calon F.. (2012), 'Defective dentate nucleus GABA receptors in essential tremor. .' Brain. 10.1093/brain/awr301. " "
- Lodewyks C, Rodriguez J, Yan J, Lerner B, Lipschitz J, Nfon C, Rempel JD, Uhanova J, Minuk GY.. (2011), 'GABA-B receptor activation inhibits the in vitro migration of malignant hepatocytes. .' Can The Journal of Physiology Pharmacol.. 10.1139/y11-031. " "
- Pacey LK, Tharmalingam S, Hampson DR.. (2011), 'Subchronic administration and combination metabotropic glutamate and GABAB receptor drug therapy in fragile X syndrome. .' Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 10.1124/jpet.111.183327. " "
- Broussard DM, Titley HK, Antflick J, Hampson DR.. (2011), 'Motor learning in the VOR: the cerebellar component. .' Experimental Brain Research. 10.1007/s00221-011-2589-z. " "
- Pacey LK, Doss L, Cifelli C, van der Kooy D, Heximer SP, Hampson DR.. (2011), 'Genetic deletion of regulator of G-protein signaling 4 (RGS4) rescues a subset of fragile X related phenotypes in the FMR1 knockout mouse. .' Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.mcn.2010.12.005. " "
- Nassirpour R, Bahima L, Lalive AL, Lüscher C, Luján R, Slesinger PA.. (2010), 'Morphine- and CaMKII-dependent enhancement of GIRK channel signaling in hippocampal neurons. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2966-10.2010. "