Human Mouse Rat
ICC IHC WB
Fusion protein amino acids 355-394 of mouse GABA-AR-Alpha1 (also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit alpha-1, accession number P62812)
Rat: 100% identity (40/40 amino acids identical)
Human: 100% identity (40/40 amino acids identical)
<50% identity with GABA-A-R-Alpha2 or -Alpha3
No cross-reactivity against GABA-A-R-Alpha2 or -Alpha3
Gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor subunit alpha-1 (GABA(A) receptor subunit alpha-1)
TC Supernatant: AB_10697873
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody has been knockout-validated in mouse brain (by Western blot and/or immunohistochemistry).
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Sterky FH, Trotter JH, Lee SJ, Recktenwald CV, Du X, Zhou B,, Zhou P,, Schwenk J, Fakler B, Südhof TC.. (2017), 'zCarbonic anhydrase-related protein CA10 is an evolutionarily conserved pan-neurexin ligand. .' Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America. 10.1073/pnas.1621321114. " "
- Yang P, Leu D, Ye K, Srinivasan C, Fike JR, Huang TT.. (2016), 'Cognitive impairments following cranial irradiation can be mitigated by treatment with a tropomyosin receptor kinase B agonist. .' Experimental Neurology. 10.1016/j.expneurol.2016.02.021. " "
- Zhou C, Ding L, Deel ME, Ferrick EA, Emeson RB, Gallagher MJ.. (2015), 'Altered intrathalamic GABAA neurotransmission in a mouse model of a human genetic absence epilepsy syndrome. .' Neurobiology of Disease. 10.1016/j.nbd.2014.10.021. " "
- Hiu T, Farzampour Z, Paz JT, Wang EH, Badgely C, Olson A, Micheva KD, Wang G, Lemmens R, Tran KV, Nishiyama Y, Liang X, Hamilton SA, O'Rourke N, Smith SJ, Huguenard JR, Bliss TM, Steinberg GK.. (2016), 'Enhanced phasic GABA inhibition during the repair phase of stroke: a novel therapeutic target. .' Brain. 10.1093/brain/awv360. " "
- Dolnik A, Kanwal N,, Mackert S,, Halbedl S,, Proepper C, Bockmann J, Schoen M, Boeckers TM, Kühl SJ, Schmeisser MJ.. (2016), 'Sipa1l3/SPAR3 is targeted to postsynaptic specializations and interacts with the Fezzin ProSAPiP1/Lzts3. .' Journal of Neurochemistry. 10.1111/jnc.13353. " "
- Vien TN, Modgil A, Abramian AM, Jurd R, Walker J, Brandon NJ, Terunuma M, Rudolph U, Maguire J, Davies PA, Moss SJ.. (2015), 'Compromising the phosphodependent regulation of the GABAAR β3 subunit reproduces the core phenotypes of autism spectrum disorders. .' Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America. 10.1073/pnas.1514657112. " "
- Lin WC, Tsai MC, Davenport CM, Smith CM, Veit J, Wilson NM, Adesnik H, Kramer RH.. (2015), 'A Comprehensive Optogenetic Pharmacology Toolkit for In Vivo Control of GABA(A) Receptors and Synaptic Inhibition. .' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2015.10.026. " "
- Almeida-Suhett CP, Prager EM, Pidoplichko V, Figueiredo TH, Marini AM, Li Z, Eiden LE, Braga MF.. (2015), 'GABAergic interneuronal loss and reduced inhibitory synaptic transmission in the hippocampal CA1 region after mild traumatic brain injury. .' Experimental Neurology. 10.1016/j.expneurol.2015.07.028. " "
- Arain F, Zhou C, Ding L, Zaidi S, Gallagher MJ.. (2015), 'The developmental evolution of the seizure phenotype and cortical inhibition in mouse models of juvenile myoclonic epilepsy. .' Neurobiology of Disease. 10.1016/j.nbd.2015.05.016. " "
- Kang JQ, Shen W, Zhou C, Xu D, Macdonald RL.. (2015), 'The human epilepsy mutation GABRG2(Q390X) causes chronic subunit accumulation and neurodegeneration. .' Nature Neuroscience. 10.1038/nn.4024. " "
- González MI, Grabenstatter HL, Cea-Del Rio CA, Cruz Del Angel Y, Carlsen J, Laoprasert RP, White AM, Huntsman MM, Brooks-Kayal A.. (2015), 'Seizure-related regulation of GABAA receptors in spontaneously epileptic rats. .' Neurobiology of Disease. 10.1016/j.nbd.2015.03.001. " "
- Pettingill P, Kramer HB, Coebergh JA, Pettingill R, Maxwell S, Nibber A, Malaspina A, Jacob A, Irani SR, Buckley C, Beeson D, Lang B, Waters P, Vincent A.. (2015), 'Antibodies to GABAA receptor α1 and γ2 subunits: clinical and serologic characterization. .' Neurology.. 10.1212/WNL.0000000000001326. " "
- Centanni SW, Teppen T, Risher ML, Fleming RL, Moss JL, Acheson SK, Mulholland PJ, Pandey SC, Chandler LJ, Swartzwelder HS.. (2014), 'Adolescent alcohol exposure alters GABAA receptor subunit expression in adult hippocampus. .' Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 10.1111/acer.12562. " "
- Almeida-Suhett CP, Prager EM, Pidoplichko V, Figueiredo TH, Marini AM, Li Z, Eiden LE, Braga MF.. (2014), 'Reduced GABAergic inhibition in the basolateral amygdala and the development of anxiety-like behaviors after mild traumatic brain injury. .' PLoS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0102627. " "
- Ohkawa T, Satake S, Yokoi N, Miyazaki Y, Ohshita T, Sobue G, Takashima H, Watanabe O, Fukata Y, Fukata M.. (2014), 'Identification and characterization of GABA(A) receptor autoantibodies in autoimmune encephalitis. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.4415-13.2014. " "
- Karayannis T, Au E, Patel JC, Kruglikov I, Markx S, Delorme R, Héron D, Salomon D, Glessner J, Restituito S, Gordon A, Rodriguez-Murillo L, Roy NC, Gogos JA, Rudy B, Rice ME, Karayiorgou M, Hakonarson H, Keren B, Huguet G, Bourgeron T, Hoeffer C, Tsien RW, Peles E, Fishell G.. (2014), 'Cntnap4 differentially contributes to GABAergic and dopaminergic synaptic transmission. .' Nature. 10.1038/nature13248. " "
- Mele M, Ribeiro L, Inácio AR, Wieloch T, Duarte CB.. (2014), 'GABA(A) receptor dephosphorylation followed by internalization is coupled to neuronal death in in vitro ischemia. .' Neurobiology of Disease. 10.1016/j.nbd.2014.01.019. " "
- King AN, Manning CF, Trimmer JS.. (2014), 'A unique ion channel clustering domain on the axon initial segment of mammalian neurons. .' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.23551. " "
- Levenga J, Krishnamurthy P, Rajamohamedsait H, Wong H, Franke TF, Cain P, Sigurdsson EM, Hoeffer CA.. (2013), 'Tau pathology induces loss of GABAergic interneurons leading to altered synaptic plasticity and behavioral impairments. .' Acta Neuropathol Commun.. 10.1186/2051-5960-1-34. " "
- Mihalas AB, Araki Y, Huganir RL, Meffert MK.. (2013), 'Opposing action of nuclear factor κB and Polo-like kinases determines a homeostatic end point for excitatory synaptic adaptation. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2131-13.2013. " "
- Milenkovic I, Vasiljevic M, Maurer D, Höger H, Klausberger T, Sieghart W.. (2013), 'The parvalbumin-positive interneurons in the mouse dentate gyrus express GABAA receptor subunits α1, β2, and δ along their extrasynaptic cell membrane. .' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2013.09.019. " "
- Chaumont S, André C, Perrais D, Boué-Grabot E, Taly A, Garret M.. (2013), 'Agonist-dependent endocytosis of γ-aminobutyric acid type A (GABAA) receptors revealed by a γ2(R43Q) epilepsy mutation. .' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M113.470807. " "
- Zhou C, Huang Z, Ding L, Deel ME, Arain FM, Murray CR, Patel RS, Flanagan CD, Gallagher MJ.. (2013), 'Altered cortical GABAA receptor composition, physiology, and endocytosis in a mouse model of a human genetic absence epilepsy syndrome. .' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M112.444372. " "
- Hanson JE, Deng L, Hackos DH, Lo SC, Lauffer BE, Steiner P, Zhou Q.. (2013), 'Histone deacetylase 2 cell autonomously suppresses excitatory and enhances inhibitory synaptic function in CA1 pyramidal neurons. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3162-12.2013. " "
- González MI, Cruz Del Angel Y, Brooks-Kayal A.. (2013), 'Down-regulation of gephyrin and GABAA receptor subunits during epileptogenesis in the CA1 region of hippocampus. .' Epilepsia. 10.1111/epi.12063. " "
- Henderson AK, Pittman QJ, Teskey GC.. (2012), 'High frequency stimulation alters motor maps, impairs skilled reaching performance and is accompanied by an upregulation of specific GABA, glutamate and NMDA receptor subunits. .' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2012.04.040. " "
- Eyre MD, Renzi M, Farrant M, Nusser Z.. (2012), 'Setting the time course of inhibitory synaptic currents by mixing multiple GABA(A) receptor α subunit isoforms. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.6495-11.2012. " "
- Smith KR, Muir J, Rao Y, Browarski M, Gruenig MC, Sheehan DF, Haucke V, Kittler JT.. (2012), 'Stabilization of GABA(A) receptors at endocytic zones is mediated by an AP2 binding motif within the GABA(A) receptor β3 subunit. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1622-11.2011. " "
- Antflick JE, Hampson DR.. (2012), 'Modulation of glutamate release from parallel fibers by mGlu4 and pre-synaptic GABA(A) receptors. .' Journal of Neurochemistry. 10.1111/j.1471-4159.2011.07611.x. " "
- Reid AY, Pittman QJ, Teskey GC.. (2012), 'A prolonged experimental febrile seizure results in motor map reorganization in adulthood. .' Neurobiology of Disease. 10.1016/j.nbd.2011.10.013. " "
- Mukherjee J, Kretschmannova K, Gouzer G, Maric HM, Ramsden S, Tretter V, Harvey K, Davies PA, Triller A, Schindelin H, Moss SJ.. (2011), 'The residence time of GABA(A)Rs at inhibitory synapses is determined by direct binding of the receptor α1 subunit to gephyrin. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2001-11.2011. " "
- Peters C, Muñoz B, Sepúlveda FJ, Urrutia J, Quiroz M, Luza S, De Ferrari GV, Aguayo LG, Opazo C.. (2011), 'Biphasic effects of copper on neurotransmission in rat hippocampal neurons. .' Journal of Neurochemistry. 10.1111/j.1471-4159.2011.07417.x. " "
- Micheva KD, Busse B, Weiler NC, O'Rourke N, Smith SJ.. (2010), 'Single-synapse analysis of a diverse synapse population: proteomic imaging methods and markers. .' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2010.09.024. " "
- Ding L, Feng HJ, Macdonald RL, Botzolakis EJ, Hu N, Gallagher MJ.. (2010), 'GABA(A) receptor alpha1 subunit mutation A322D associated with autosomal dominant juvenile myoclonic epilepsy reduces the expression and alters the composition of wild type GABA(A) receptors. .' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M110.142299. "