ICC IHC WB
Fusion protein amino acids 501-582 (cytoplasmic C-terminus) of rat VGlut2 (also known as Vesicular glutamate transporter 2, Differentiation-associated BNPI, Differentiation-associated Na(+)-dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter, Dnpi, Solute carrier family 17 member 6 and Slc17a6, accession number Q9JI12)
Mouse: 97% identity (80/82 amino acids identical)
Human: 89% identity (73/82 amino acids identical) 50% identity with VGlut1 or VGlut3
Does not cross-react with VGlut1 or VGlut3
Vesicular glutamate transporter 2 (VGluT2) (Differentiation-associated BNPI) (Differentiation-associated Na(+)-dependent inorganic phosphate cotransporter) (Solute carrier family 17 member 6)
Slc17a6 Dnpi Vglut2
TC Supernatant: AB_10698039
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe lysate from COS cells overexpressing target.
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Bishop HI, Guan D, Bocksteins E, Parajuli LK, Murray KD, Cobb MM, Misonou H, Zito K, Foehring RC, Trimmer JS.. (2015), 'Distinct Cell- and Layer-Specific Expression Patterns and Independent Regulation of Kv2 Channel Subtypes in Cortical Pyramidal Neurons. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1897-15.2015. " "
- Li H, Harlow ML.. (2014), 'Individual synaptic vesicles from the electroplaque of Torpedo californica, a classic cholinergic synapse, also contain transporters for glutamate and ATP. .' Physiological Reports. 10.1002/phy2.206. " "
- Su J, Gorse K, Ramirez F, Fox MA.. (2010), 'Collagen XIX is expressed by interneurons and contributes to the formation of hippocampal synapses. .' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.22228. " "
- Slater PG, Noches V, Gysling K.. (2016), 'Corticotropin-releasing factor type-2 receptor and corticotropin-releasing factor-binding protein coexist in rat ventral tegmental area nerve terminals originated in the lateral hypothalamic area. .' European Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1111/ejn.13113. " "
- Wang XF, Liu JJ, Xia J, Liu J, Mirabella V, Pang ZP.. (2015), 'Endogenous Glucagon-like Peptide-1 Suppresses High-Fat Food Intake by Reducing Synaptic Drive onto Mesolimbic Dopamine Neurons. .' Cell Report. 10.1016/j.celrep.2015.06.062. " "
- González-Cabrera C, Garrido-Charad F, Roth A, Marín GJ.. (2015), 'The isthmic nuclei providing parallel feedback connections to the avian tectum have different neurochemical identities: Expression of glutamatergic and cholinergic markers in the chick (Gallus gallus). .' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.23739. " "
- Gunn BG, Cunningham L, Cooper MA, Corteen NL, Seifi M, Swinny JD, Lambert JJ, Belelli D.. (2013), 'Dysfunctional astrocytic and synaptic regulation of hypothalamic glutamatergic transmission in a mouse model of early-life adversity: relevance to neurosteroids and programming of the stress response. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1337-13.2013. " "
- Dabrowska J, Hazra R, Guo JD, Dewitt S, Rainnie DG.. (2013), 'Central CRF neurons are not created equal: phenotypic differences in CRF-containing neurons of the rat paraventricular hypothalamus and the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis. .' Frontiers in Neuroscience. 10.3389/fnins.2013.00156. " "
- Li L, Hanahan D.. (2013), 'Hijacking the neuronal NMDAR signaling circuit to promote tumor growth and invasion. .' Cell. 10.1016/j.cell.2013.02.051. " "
- Su J, Stenbjorn RS, Gorse K, Su K, Hauser KF, Ricard-Blum S, Pihlajaniemi T, Fox MA.. (2012), 'Target-derived matricryptins organize cerebellar synapse formation through α3β1 integrins. .' Cell Report. 10.1016/j.celrep.2012.07.001. " "
- Taruno A, Ohmori H, Kuba H.. (2012), 'Inhibition of presynaptic Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase reduces readily releasable pool size at the avian end-bulb of Held synapse. .' Neuroscience Research. 10.1016/j.neures.2011.11.003. " "
- Ramirez-Navarro A, Glazebrook PA, Kane-Sutton M, Padro C, Kline DD, Kunze DL.. (2011), 'Kv1.3 channels regulate synaptic transmission in the nucleus of solitary tract. .' Journal of Neurophysiology. 10.1152/jn.00494.2010. " "
- Platel JC, Dave KA, Gordon V, Lacar B, Rubio ME, Bordey A.. (2010), 'NMDA receptors activated by subventricular zone astrocytic glutamate are critical for neuroblast survival prior to entering a synaptic network. .' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2010.03.009. " "
- Zhou HY, Chen SR, Chen H, Pan HL.. (2009), 'The glutamatergic nature of TRPV1-expressing neurons in the spinal dorsal horn. .' Journal of Neurochemistry. 10.1111/j.1471-4159.2008.05772.x. "