Human Mouse Rat
Synthetic peptide amino acids 521-532 (CEDDYNYYYTRS) of human VAChT (accession number NP_003046)
Rat: 83% identity (10/12 amino acids identical)
Mouse=83% identity (10/12 amino acids identical)
Vesicular acetylcholine transporter (VAChT) (rVAT) (Solute carrier family 18 member 3)
Slc18a3 Vacht Vat
TC Supernatant: AB_10674274
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
N6/38 does not work for immunoblotting
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
Citations and References
- Krishnaswamy A#, Yamagata M#, Duan X, Hong YK, Sanes JR.. (2015), 'Sidekick 2 directs formation of a retinal circuit that detects differential motion..' Nature. 10.1038/nature14682.
- Li H, Harlow ML.. (2014), 'Individual synaptic vesicles from the electroplaque of Torpedo californica, a classic cholinergic synapse, also contain transporters for glutamate and ATP..' Physiological Reports. 10.1002/phy2.206. "
- Shetty A, Sytnyk V, Leshchyns'ka I, Puchkov D, Haucke V, Schachner M.. (2013), 'The neural cell adhesion molecule promotes maturation of the presynaptic endocytotic machinery by switching synaptic vesicle recycling from adaptor protein 3 (AP-3)- to AP-2-dependent mechanisms. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2192-13.2013. " "
- Fogarty MJ, Smallcombe KL, Yanagawa Y, Obata K, Bellingham MC, Noakes PG.. (2013), 'Genetic deficiency of GABA differentially regulates respiratory and non-respiratory motor neuron development. .' PLoS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0056257. "
- Vega A, Luther JA, Birren SJ, Morales MA.. (2010), 'Segregation of the classical transmitters norepinephrine and acetylcholine and the neuropeptide Y in sympathetic neurons: modulation by ciliary neurotrophic factor or prolonged growth in culture..' Developmental Neurobiology. 10.1002/dneu.20834. "
- Mavlyutov TA, Epstein ML, Andersen KA, Ziskind-Conhaim L, Ruoho AE.. (2010), 'The sigma-1 receptor is enriched in postsynaptic sites of C-terminals in mouse motoneurons. An anatomical and behavioral study. .' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2010.02.022. "
- Perez-Gonzalez AP, Albrecht D, Blasi J, Llobet A.. (2008), 'Schwann cells modulate short-term plasticity of cholinergic autaptic synapses.' The Journal of Physiology. 10.1113/jphysiol.2008.160044.