Human Mouse Rat
Fusion protein amino acids 1168-1237 of rat Slo2.2 (Slack; NP_068625)
Human: 94% identity (66/70 amino acids identical)
Mouse: 98% identity (69/70 amino acids identical)
Potassium channel subfamily T member 1 (Sequence like a calcium-activated potassium channel subunit)
TC Supernatant: AB_10698032
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody has been knockout-validated in mouse brain (by Western blot and/or immunohistochemistry).
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Martinez-Espinosa PL, Wu J, Yang C, Gonzalez-Perez V, Zhou H, Liang H, Xia XM, Lingle CJ.. (2015), 'Knockout of Slo2.2 enhances itch, abolishes KNa current, and increases action potential firing frequency in DRG neurons. .' Elife. 10.7554/eLife.10013. " "
- Wojtovich AP, Smith CO, Urciuoli WR, Wang YT, Xia XM, Brookes PS, Nehrke K.. (2016), 'Cardiac Slo2.1 Is Required for Volatile Anesthetic Stimulation of K+ Transport and Anesthetic Preconditioning. .' Anesthesiology. 10.1097/ALN.0000000000001046. " "
- Gururaj S, Fleites J, Bhattacharjee A.. (2016), 'Slack sodium-activated potassium channel membrane expression requires p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphorylation. .' Neuropharmacology. 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2015.12.016. " "
- Rizzi S, Knaus HG, Schwarzer C.. (2016), 'Differential distribution of the sodium-activated potassium channels slick and slack in mouse brain. .' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.23934. " "
- Lu R, Bausch AE, Kallenborn-Gerhardt W, Stoetzer C, Debruin N, Ruth P, Geisslinger G, Leffler A, Lukowski R, Schmidtko A.. (2015), 'Slack channels expressed in sensory neurons control neuropathic pain in mice. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2423-14.2015. " "
- Huang F, Wang X, Ostertag EM, Nuwal T, Huang B, Jan YN, Basbaum AI, Jan LY.. (2013), 'TMEM16C facilitates Na(+)-activated K+ currents in rat sensory neurons and regulates pain processing. .' Nature Neuroscience. 10.1038/nn.3468. " "
- Cervantes B, Vega R, Limón A, Soto E.. (2013), 'Identity, expression and functional role of the sodium-activated potassium current in vestibular ganglion afferent neurons. .' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2013.02.052. " "
- Zhang Y, Brown MR, Hyland C, Chen Y, Kronengold J, Fleming MR, Kohn AB, Moroz LL, Kaczmarek LK.. (2012), 'Regulation of neuronal excitability by interaction of fragile X mental retardation protein with slack potassium channels. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2162-12.2012. " "
- Wojtovich AP, Sherman TA, Nadtochiy SM, Urciuoli WR, Brookes PS, Nehrke K.. (2011), 'SLO-2 is cytoprotective and contributes to mitochondrial potassium transport. .' PLoS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0028287. " "
- Nuwer MO, Picchione KE, Bhattacharjee A.. (2010), 'PKA-induced internalization of slack KNa channels produces dorsal root ganglion neuron hyperexcitability. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3150-10.2010. " "
- Chen H, Kronengold J, Yan Y, Gazula VR, Brown MR, Ma L, Ferreira G, Yang Y, Bhattacharjee A, Sigworth FJ, Salkoff L, Kaczmarek LK.. (2009), 'The N-terminal domain of Slack determines the formation and trafficking of Slick/Slack heteromeric sodium-activated potassium channels. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.5978-08.2009. "