ICC IHC WB
Fusion protein amino acids 1-544 (full-length) of rat RGS14 (also known as Regulator of G-protein signaling 14, RAP1/RAP2-interacting protein and RPIP1, accession number O08773)
Mouse: 95% identity (524/547 amino acids identical)
Human: 86% identity (475/547 amino acids identical)
45% identity with RGS12 and other RGS proteins
Epitope mapped to within amino acids 444-490 (between 2nd Ras-binding
GoLoco domains, PDAKTREASSIPPCRSQGCLPRTQTKDSHLPPLSSSLSVEDASGSTG, 2014 Evans et al J Comp Neurol)
Mouse: 85% identity (40/47 amino acids identical)
Human: 51% identity (24/47 amino acids identical)
Does not react with RGS12
Regulator of G-protein signaling 14 (RGS14)
TC Supernatant: AB_10698026
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody has been knockout-validated in mouse brain (by Western blot and/or immunohistochemistry).
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Leroy F, Brann DH, Meira T, Siegelbaum SA. (2017), 'Input-Timing-Dependent Plasticity in the Hippocampal CA2 Region and Its Potential Role in Social Memory..' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2017.07.036.
- Alexander GM, Farris S, Pirone JR, Zheng C, Colgin LL, Dudek SM. (2016), 'Social and novel contexts modify hippocampal CA2 representations of space..' Nature Communications. 10.1038/ncomms10300.
- Llorens-Martín M, Jurado-Arjona J, Avila J, Hernández F. (2015), 'Novel connection between newborn granule neurons and the hippocampal CA2 field..' Experimental Neurology. 10.1016/j.expneurol.2014.10.021.
- Hitti FL, Siegelbaum SA. (2014), 'The hippocampal CA2 region is essential for social memory..' Nature. 10.1038/nature13028.
- Kohara K, Pignatelli M, Rivest AJ, Jung HY, Kitamura T, Suh J, Frank D, Kajikawa K, Mise N, Obata Y, Wickersham IR, Tonegawa S. (2014), 'Cell type-specific genetic and optogenetic tools reveal hippocampal CA2 circuits..' Nature Neuroscience. 10.1038/nn.3614.
- Piskorowski RA, Chevaleyre V. (2014), 'Delta-opioid receptors mediate unique plasticity onto parvalbumin-expressing interneurons in area CA2 of the hippocampus..' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0649-13.2013.
- Evans PR, Lee SE, Smith Y, Hepler JR. (2013), 'Postnatal developmental expression of regulator of G protein signaling 14 (RGS14) in the mouse brain..' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.23395.
- Vellano CP, Brown NE, Blumer JB, Hepler JR. (2013), 'Assembly and function of the regulator of G protein signaling 14 (RGS14)·H-Ras signaling complex in live cells are regulated by Gαi1 and Gαi-linked G protein-coupled receptors..' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M112.440057.
- Vellano CP, Shu FJ, Ramineni S, Yates CK, Tall GG, Hepler JR. (2011), 'Activation of the regulator of G protein signaling 14-Gαi1-GDP signaling complex is regulated by resistance to inhibitors of cholinesterase-8A..' Biochemistry. 10.1021/bi101910n.
- Lee SE, Simons SB, Heldt SA, Zhao M, Schroeder JP, Vellano CP, Cowan DP, Ramineni S, Yates CK, Feng Y, Smith Y, Sweatt JD, Weinshenker D, Ressler KJ, Dudek SM, Hepler JR. (2010), 'RGS14 is a natural suppressor of both synaptic plasticity in CA2 neurons and hippocampal-based learning and memory..' Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America. 10.1073/pnas.1005362107.