Human Mouse Rat
ICC IHC WB
Fusion protein amino acids 1-341 (full-length) of human QKI-5 (also known as Protein quaking, HqkI and Hqk, accession number Q96PU8)
Mouse: 100% identity (341/341 amino acids identical)
Rat: 99% identity (339/341 amino acids identical)
>90% identity with QKI-6, QKI-7 and QKI-7b
Cross-reacts with QKI-6, QKI-7 and QKI-7b
QKI-5, QKI-6, QKI-7 and QKI-7b Protein quaking (RqkI) Protein quaking (Hqk) (HqkI) Protein quaking (MqkI) (qkI)
Qki Qk QKI HKQ Qk1 Qka1
TC Supernatant: AB_10671658
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe lysate from COS cells overexpressing target.
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Bin JM, Harris SN, Kennedy TE.. (2016), 'The oligodendrocyte-specific antibody 'CC1' binds Quaking 7. .' Journal of Neurochemistry. 10.1111/jnc.13745. " "
- Llorian M, Gooding C, Bellora N, Hallegger M, Buckroyd A, Wang X, Rajgor D, Kayikci M, Feltham J, Ule J, Eyras E, Smith CW.. (2016), 'The alternative splicing program of differentiated smooth muscle cells involves concerted non-productive splicing of post-transcriptional regulators. .' Nucleic Acids Research. 10.1093/nar/gkw560. " "
- Corns LF, Atkinson L, Daniel J, Edwards IJ, New L, Deuchars J, Deuchars SA.. (2015), 'Cholinergic Enhancement of Cell Proliferation in the Postnatal Neurogenic Niche of the Mammalian Spinal Cord. .' Stem Cells. 10.1002/stem.2077. " "
- Mandler MD, Ku L, Feng Y.. (2014), 'A cytoplasmic quaking I isoform regulates the hnRNP F/H-dependent alternative splicing pathway in myelinating glia. .' Nucleic Acids Research. 10.1093/nar/gku353. " "
- Gits CM, van Kuijk PF, Jonkers MB, Boersma AW, van Ijcken WF, Wozniak A, Sciot R, Rutkowski P, Schöffski P, Taguchi T, Mathijssen RH, Verweij J, Sleijfer S, Debiec-Rychter M, Wiemer EA.. (2013), 'MiR-17-92 and miR-221/222 cluster members target KIT and ETV1 in human gastrointestinal stromal tumours. .' British Journal of Cancer. 10.1038/bjc.2013.483. " "
- van der Veer EP, de Bruin RG, Kraaijeveld AO, de Vries MR, Bot I, Pera T, Segers FM, Trompet S, van Gils JM, Roeten MK, Beckers CM, van Santbrink PJ, Janssen A, van Solingen C, Swildens J, de Boer HC, Peters EA, Bijkerk R, Rousch M, Doop M, Kuiper J, Schalij MJ, van der Wal AC, Richard S, van Berkel TJ, Pickering JG, Hiemstra PS, Goumans MJ, Rabelink TJ, de Vries AA, Quax PH, Jukema JW, Biessen EA, van Zonneveld AJ.. (2013), 'Quaking, an RNA-binding protein, is a critical regulator of vascular smooth muscle cell phenotype. .' Circulation Research. 10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.113.301302. " "
- Teplova M, Hafner M, Teplov D, Essig K, Tuschl T, Patel DJ.. (2013), 'Structure-function studies of STAR family Quaking proteins bound to their in vivo RNA target sites. .' Genes & Development. 10.1101/gad.216531.113. " "
- Manning CF, Bundros AM, Trimmer JS.. (2012), 'Benefits and pitfalls of secondary antibodies: why choosing the right secondary is of primary importance. .' PLoS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0038313. " "
- Sánchez-Quiles V, Mora MI, Segura V, Greco A, Epstein AL, Foschini MG, Dayon L, Sanchez JC, Prieto J, Corrales FJ, Santamaría E.. (2010), 'HSV-1 Cgal+ infection promotes quaking RNA binding protein production and induces nuclear-cytoplasmic shuttling of quaking I-5 isoform in human hepatoma cells. .' Molecular & Cellular Proteomics. 10.1074/mcp.M111.009126. " "
- Zhao L, Mandler MD, Yi H, Feng Y.. (2010), 'Quaking I controls a unique cytoplasmic pathway that regulates alternative splicing of myelin-associated glycoprotein. .' Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America. 10.1073/pnas.1007487107. "