Fusion protein amino acids 1-252 (full-length) of mouse FGF14b (also known as fibroblast growth factor homologous factor 4b or FHF4b, accession number O89096)
Human: 98% identity (247/252 amino acids identical)
Mouse: 100% identity (252/252 amino acids identical)
Cross-reacts with FGF14a and FGF14b Does not cross-react with FGF11, FGF12 or FGF13
Fibroblast growth factor (FGF)
TC Supernatant: AB_10671703
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody has been knockout-validated in mouse brain (by Western blot and/or immunohistochemistry).
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe lysate from COS cells overexpressing target.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it shows the expected immunoperoxidase-diaminobenzidine/immunofluorescence staining pattern when used to stain brain sections.
Citations and References
- Bosch MK, Nerbonne JM,, Townsend RR,, Miyazaki H, Nukina N, Ornitz DM, Marionneau C.. (2016), 'Proteomic analysis of native cerebellar iFGF14 complexes. .' Channels (Austin).. 10.1080/19336950.2016.1153203. " "
- Bosch MK, Carrasquillo Y, Ransdell JL, Kanakamedala A, Ornitz DM, Nerbonne JM.. (2015), 'Intracellular FGF14 (iFGF14) Is Required for Spontaneous and Evoked Firing in Cerebellar Purkinje Neurons and for Motor Coordination and Balance. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2663-14.2015. " "
- Baalman K, Marin MA, Ho TS, Godoy M, Cherian L, Robertson C, Rasband MN.. (2015), 'Axon initial segment-associated microglia. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3751-14.2015. " "
- Yan H, Pablo JL, Wang C, Pitt GS.. (2014), 'FGF14 modulates resurgent sodium current in mouse cerebellar Purkinje neurons. .' Elife. 10.7554/eLife.04193. " "
- Bosch MK, Nerbonne JM, Ornitz DM.. (2014), 'Dual transgene expression in murine cerebellar Purkinje neurons by viral transduction in vivo. .' PLoS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0104062. " "
- Puthussery T, Venkataramani S, Gayet-Primo J, Smith RG, Taylor WR.. (2013), 'NaV1.1 channels in axon initial segments of bipolar cells augment input to magnocellular visual pathways in the primate retina. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1249-13.2013. " "
- Xiao M, Bosch MK, Nerbonne JM, Ornitz DM.. (2013), 'FGF14 localization and organization of the axon initial segment. .' Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.mcn.2013.07.008. " "
- Kaphzan H, Buffington SA, Jung JI, Rasband MN, Klann E.. (2013), 'Alterations in intrinsic membrane properties and the axon initial segment in a mouse model of Angelman syndrome. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.4162-11.2011. " "
- Grubb MS, Burrone J.. (2010), 'Activity-dependent relocation of the axon initial segment fine-tunes neuronal excitability. .' Nature. 10.1038/nature09160. " "
- Diwakar S, Magistretti J, Goldfarb M, Naldi G, D'Angelo E.. (2009), 'Axonal Na+ channels ensure fast spike activation and back-propagation in cerebellar granule cells. .' Journal of Neurophysiology. 10.1152/jn.90382.2008. " "
- Shakkottai VG, Xiao M, Xu L, Wong M, Nerbonne JM, Ornitz DM, Yamada KA.. (2009), 'FGF14 regulates the intrinsic excitability of cerebellar Purkinje neurons. .' Neurobiology of Disease. 10.1016/j.nbd.2008.09.019. " "
- Laezza F, Gerber BR, Lou JY, Kozel MA, Hartman H, Craig AM, Ornitz DM, Nerbonne JM.. (2007), 'The FGF14(F145S) mutation disrupts the interaction of FGF14 with voltage-gated Na+ channels and impairs neuronal excitability. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2282-07.2007. "