Hamster Mouse Rat
ICC IHC WB
Sulfonylurea receptor 1 (SUR1), or ATP binding cassette transporter subfamily C member 8 is encoded by the gene ABCC8 and is a member of the ABC transporter super family. SUR1 acts to modulate ATP sensitive potassium channels and combines with Kir6.2 (KCNJ11). SUR1 is involved in insulin release. SUR1 has broad expression in many tissues including brain, heart, pancreas (beta cells). Diseases associated with this gene include Familial Hyperinsulinemic Hypoglycemia and Diabetes Mellitus.
Fusion protein amino acids 1548-1582 (LVMVLKRGAILEFDKPEKLLSQKDSVFASFVRADK, cytoplasmic C-terminus) of rat SUR1 (also known as Sulfonylurea receptor 1, SUR, HRINS, ATP binding cassette transporter subfamily C member 8 and Abcc8, accession number Q09429)
Mouse: 100% identity (35/35 amino acids identical)
Human: 94% identity (33/35 amino acids identical) Similar % identity with other isoforms >70% identity with SUR2B
Does not cross-react with SUR2B (based on KO validation results)
ATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 8 (Sulfonylurea receptor 1)
Abcc8 Sur Sur1
TC Supernatant: AB_11001671
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody has been knockout-validated in mouse brain (by Western blot and/or immunohistochemistry).
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Harel S, Cohen AS, Hussain K, Flanagan SE, Schlade-Bartusiak K, Patel M, Courtade J, Li JB, Van Karnebeek C, Kurata H, Ellard S, Chanoine JP, Gibson WT.. (2015), 'Alternating hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia in a toddler with a homozygous p.R1419H ABCC8 mutation: an unusual clinical picture..' J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab.. 10.1515/jpem-2014-0265.
- Karnik R1, Ludlow MJ2, Abuarab N1, Smith AJ1, Hardy ME1, Elliott DJ1, Sivaprasadarao A2.. (2013), 'Endocytosis of HERG is clathrin-independent and involves arf6..' PLoS One.. 10.1371/journal.pone.0085630.
- Bruin JE1, Erener S1, Vela J1, Hu X1, Johnson JD2, Kurata HT3, Lynn FC2, Piret JM4, Asadi A1, Rezania A5, Kieffer TJ6.. (2014), 'Characterization of polyhormonal insulin-producing cells derived in vitro from human embryonic stem cells..' Stem Cell Res. . 10.1016/j.scr.2013.10.003.
- Park SH1, Ryu SY, Yu WJ, Han YE, Ji YS, Oh K, Sohn JW, Lim A, Jeon JP, Lee H, Lee KH, Lee SH, Berggren PO, Jeon JH, Ho WK.. (2013), 'Leptin promotes K(ATP) channel trafficking by AMPK signaling in pancreatic β-cells..' Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. . 10.1073/pnas.1216351110.
- Li JB1, Huang X, Zhang RS, Kim RY, Yang R, Kurata HT.. (2013), 'Decomposition of slide helix contributions to ATP-dependent inhibition of Kir6.2 channels..' J Biol Chem. . 10.1074/jbc.M113.485789.