Human Mouse Rat
IHC IP WB
Synthetic peptide amino acids 840-857 (PEKLPGSLRKGIPRTKSV) of rat Shank3 (also known as SH3 and multiple ankyrin repeat domains protein 3, prolinerich synapse-associated protein 2, ProSAP2 and SPANK-2, accession number Q9JLU4)
Human: 100% identity (18/18 amino acids identical)
Mouse: 100% identity (18/18 amino acids identical)
No cross-reactivity against Shank1 or Shank2
SH3 and multiple ankyrin repeat domains protein 3 (Shank3) (Proline-rich synapse-associated protein 2) (ProSAP2) (SPANK-2)
TC Supernatant: AB_10698031
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe lysate from COS cells overexpressing target.
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
Citations and References
- Harony-Nicolas H,, Kay M, Hoffmann JD,, Klein ME, Bozdagi-Gunal O,, Riad M,, Daskalakis NP, Sonar S,, Castillo PE, Hof PR,,, Shapiro ML,, Baxter MG,, Wagner S, Buxbaum JD,,,,.. (2017), 'Oxytocin improves behavioral and electrophysiological deficits in a novel Shank3-deficient rat. .' Elife. 10.7554/eLife.18904. " "
- Farley MM, Swulius MT, Waxham MN.. (2015), 'Electron tomographic structure and protein composition of isolated rat cerebellar, hippocampal and cortical postsynaptic densities. .' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2015.07.062. " "
- Benthani F,, Tran PN, Currey N, Ng I, Giry-Laterriere M, Carey L, Kohonen-Corish MR,, Pangon L.. (2015), 'Proteogenomic Analysis Identifies a Novel Human SHANK3 Isoform. .' International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 10.3390/ijms160511522. " "
- Braude JP, Vijayakumar S, Baumgarner K, Laurine R, Jones TA, Jones SM, Pyott SJ.. (), 'Deletion of Shank1 has minimal effects on the molecular composition and function of glutamatergic afferent postsynapses in the mouse inner ear. .' Hearing Research. 10.1016/j.heares.2015.01.008. " "
- Duffney LJ, Wei J, Cheng J, Liu W, Smith KR, Kittler JT, Yan Z.. (2013), 'Shank3 deficiency induces NMDA receptor hypofunction via an actin-dependent mechanism. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1175-13.2013. " "
- Durand CM, Perroy J, Loll F, Perrais D, Fagni L, Bourgeron T, Montcouquiol M, Sans N.. (2012), 'SHANK3 mutations identified in autism lead to modification of dendritic spine morphology via an actin-dependent mechanism. .' Molecular Psychiatry. 10.1038/mp.2011.57. " "
- Bozdagi O#,, Sakurai T#,, Papapetrou D, Wang X, Dickstein DL, Takahashi N, Kajiwara Y, Yang M, Katz AM, Scattoni ML,, Harris MJ, Saxena R, Silverman JL, Crawley JN, Zhou Q,, Hof PR, Buxbaum JD,,.. (2010), 'Haploinsufficiency of the autism-associated Shank3 gene leads to deficits in synaptic function, social interaction, and social communication. .' Molecular Autism. 10.1186/2040-2392-1-15. " "
- Ma XM, Kiraly DD, Gaier ED, Wang Y, Kim EJ, Levine ES, Eipper BA, Mains RE.. (2008), 'Kalirin-7 is required for synaptic structure and function. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.4269-08.2008. "