Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat
ICC, IHC, IP, PLA, WB
Kv1.4 K+ channel
Potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily A member 4 or Kv1.4 is encoded by the gene KCNA4. Kv1.4 is a potassium channel subunit is a member of the potassium channel, voltage-gated, shaker-related subfamily. Potassium channels form homotetrameric and heterotetrameric channels in the membrane with various other related proteins, including KCNA2, KCNA4, KCNA5, KCNA6, KCNA7. Kv1.4 is expressed in brain, and at lower levels in the testis, lung, kidney, colon, heart and adrenal tissue. In brain, Kv1.4 is located in the soma, dendrite and axon terminus of neurones in most regions of the brain.
ICC, IHC, IP, PLA, WB
Synthetic peptide 13-37 of rat Kv1.4 (NSHMPYGYAAQARARERERLAHSR; accession number P15385); Human: 100% identity; Mouse: 100% identity
Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat
Store at ≤ -20 C for long term storage. For short term storage, store at 2-8 C. For maximum recovery of product, centrifuge the vial prior to removing the cap.
10mM Tris, 50mM Sodium Chloride, 0.065 % Sodium Azide pH 7.4
No cross-reactivity against Kv1.1, Kv1.2, Kv1.3, Kv1.5 and Kv1.6 expressed in transfected cells
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
These antibodies are to be used as research laboratory reagents and are not for use as diagnostic or therapeutic reagents in humans.
24 months from opening
Potassium voltage-gated channel subfamily A member 4 (RCK4) (RHK1) (RK3) (Voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv1.4)
UniProt (Human): P22459
UniProt (Immunogen Species): P15385
UniProt (Immunogen Species): P15385
- Zhang X, Ai X, Nakayama H, Chen B, Harris DM, Tang M, Xie Y, Szeto C, Li Y, Li Y, Zhang H, Eckhart AD, Koch WJ, Molkentin JD, Chen X. (2016), 'Persistent increases in Ca(2+) influx through Cav1.2 shortens action potential and causes Ca(2+) overload-induced afterdepolarizations and arrhythmias..' Basic Research in Cardiology. 10.1007/s00395-015-0523-4.
- Cobb MM, Austin DC, Sack JT, Trimmer JS. (2015), 'Cell Cycle-dependent Changes in Localization and Phosphorylation of the Plasma Membrane Kv2.1 K+ Channel Impact Endoplasmic Reticulum Membrane Contact Sites in COS-1 Cells..' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M115.690198.
- Kole MJ, Qian J, Waase MP, Klassen TL, Chen TT, Augustine GJ, Noebels JL. (2015), 'Selective Loss of Presynaptic Potassium Channel Clusters at the Cerebellar Basket Cell Terminal Pinceau in Adam11 Mutants Reveals Their Role in Ephaptic Control of Purkinje Cell Firing..' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1346-15.2015.
- Lee KY, Royston SE, Vest MO, Ley DJ, Lee S, Bolton EC, Chung HJ. (2015), 'N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors mediate activity-dependent down-regulation of potassium channel genes during the expression of homeostatic intrinsic plasticity..' Molecular Brain. 10.1186/s13041-015-0094-1.
- Mulholland PJ, Spencer KB, Hu W, Kroener S, Chandler LJ. (2015), 'Neuroplasticity of A-type potassium channel complexes induced by chronic alcohol exposure enhances dendritic calcium transients in hippocampus..' Psychopharmacology. 10.1007/s00213-014-3835-4.
- Dufour MA, Woodhouse A, Goaillard JM. (2014), 'Somatodendritic ion channel expression in substantia nigra pars compacta dopaminergic neurons across postnatal development..' Journal of Neuroscience Research. 10.1002/jnr.23382.
- Speca DJ, Ogata G, Mandikian D, Bishop HI, Wiler SW, Eum K, Wenzel HJ, Doisy ET, Matt L, Campi KL, Golub MS, Nerbonne JM, Hell JW, Trainor BC, Sack JT, Schwartzkroin PA, Trimmer JS. (2014), 'Deletion of the Kv2.1 delayed rectifier potassium channel leads to neuronal and behavioral hyperexcitability..' Genes, Brain and Behavior. 10.1111/gbb.12120.
- Fan L, Guan X, Wang W, Zhao JY, Zhang H, Tiwari V, Hoffman PN, Li M, Tao YX. (2014), 'Impaired neuropathic pain and preserved acute pain in rats overexpressing voltage-gated potassium channel subunit Kv1.2 in primary afferent neurons..' Molecular Pain. 10.1186/1744-8069-10-8.
- Wang W, Kim HJ, Lv P, Tempel B, Yamoah EN. (2013), 'Association of the Kv1 family of K+ channels and their functional blueprint in the properties of auditory neurons as revealed by genetic and functional analyses..' Journal of Neurophysiology. 10.1152/jn.00290.2013.
- Zhao X, Tang Z, Zhang H, Atianjoh FE, Zhao JY, Liang L, Wang W, Guan X, Kao SC, Tiwari V, Gao YJ, Hoffman PN, Cui H, Li M, Dong X, Tao YX. (2013), 'A long noncoding RNA contributes to neuropathic pain by silencing Kcna2 in primary afferent neurons..' Nature Neuroscience. 10.1038/nn.3438.
- Brewster AL, Lugo JN, Patil VV, Lee WL, Qian Y, Vanegas F, Anderson AE. (2013), 'Rapamycin reverses status epilepticus-induced memory deficits and dendritic damage..' PLoS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0057808.
- Ovsepian SV, Steuber V, Le Berre M, O''Hara L, O''Leary VB, Dolly JO. (2013), 'A defined heteromeric KV1 channel stabilizes the intrinsic pacemaking and regulates the output of deep cerebellar nuclear neurons to thalamic targets..' The Journal of Physiology. 10.1113/jphysiol.2012.249706.
- Zhu Y, Colak T, Shenoy M, Liu L, Mehta K, Pai R, Zou B, Xie XS, Pasricha PJ. (2012), 'Transforming growth factor beta induces sensory neuronal hyperexcitability, and contributes to pancreatic pain and hyperalgesia in rats with chronic pancreatitis..' Molecular Pain. 10.1186/1744-8069-8-65.
- DiFranco M, Quinonez M, Vergara JL. (2012), 'The delayed rectifier potassium conductance in the sarcolemma and the transverse tubular system membranes of mammalian skeletal muscle fibers..' The Journal of General Physiology. 10.1085/jgp.201210802.
- Menegola M, Clark E, Trimmer JS. (2012), 'The importance of immunohistochemical analyses in evaluating the phenotype of Kv channel knockout mice..' Epilepsia. 10.1111/j.1528-1167.2012.03485.x.
- Jukkola PI, Lovett-Racke AE, Zamvil SS, Gu C. (2012), 'K+ channel alterations in the progression of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis..' Neurobiology of Disease. 10.1016/j.nbd.2012.04.012.
- Sun W, Maffie JK, Lin L, Petralia RS, Rudy B, Hoffman DA. (2011), 'DPP6 establishes the A-type K(+) current gradient critical for the regulation of dendritic excitability in CA1 hippocampal neurons..' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2011.08.008.
- Cheng L, Yung A, Covarrubias M, Radice GL. (2011), 'Cortactin is required for N-cadherin regulation of Kv1.5 channel function..' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M111.218560.
- Guan D, Horton LR, Armstrong WE, Foehring RC. (2011), 'Postnatal development of A-type and Kv1- and Kv2-mediated potassium channel currents in neocortical pyramidal neurons..' Journal of Neurophysiology. 10.1152/jn.00758.2010.
- (2011), 'Position-dependent attenuation by Kv1.6 of N-type inactivation of Kv1.4-containing channels..' Biochemical Journal. 10.1042/BJ20102169.
- Fulton S, Thibault D, Mendez JA, Lahaie N, Tirotta E, Borrelli E, Bouvier M, Tempel BL, Trudeau LE. (2011), 'Contribution of Kv1.2 voltage-gated potassium channel to D2 autoreceptor regulation of axonal dopamine overflow..' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M110.153262.
- Ohnishi H, Murata T, Kusakari S, Hayashi Y, Takao K, Maruyama T, Ago Y, Koda K, Jin FJ, Okawa K, Oldenborg PA, Okazawa H, Murata Y, Furuya N, Matsuda T, Miyakawa T, Matozaki T. (2010), 'Stress-evoked tyrosine phosphorylation of signal regulatory protein α regulates behavioral immobility in the forced swim test..' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0257-10.2010.
- Usman H, Mathew MK. (2010), 'Potassium channel regulator KCNRG regulates surface expression of Shaker-type potassium channels..' Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 10.1016/j.bbrc.2009.11.143.
- Cartwright TA, Schwalbe RA. (2009), 'Atypical sialylated N-glycan structures are attached to neuronal voltage-gated potassium channels..' BioScientific Reports. 10.1042/BSR20080149.
- Monaghan MM, Menegola M, Vacher H, Rhodes KJ, Trimmer JS. (2008), 'Altered expression and localization of hippocampal A-type potassium channel subunits in the pilocarpine-induced model of temporal lobe epilepsy..' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2008.07.057.
- Buniel M, Glazebrook PA, Ramirez-Navarro A, Kunze DL. (2008), 'Distribution of voltage-gated potassium and hyperpolarization-activated channels in sensory afferent fibers in the rat carotid body..' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.21796.
- Kim J, Nadal MS, Clemens AM, Baron M, Jung SC, Misumi Y, Rudy B, Hoffman DA. (2008), 'Kv4 accessory protein DPPX (DPP6) is a critical regulator of membrane excitability in hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons..' Journal of Neurophysiology. 10.1152/jn.90261.2008.
- Ogawa Y, Horresh I, Trimmer JS, Bredt DS, Peles E, Rasband MN. (2008), 'Postsynaptic density-93 clusters Kv1 channels at axon initial segments independently of Caspr2..' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.4431-07.2008.
- Wenzel HJ, Vacher H, Clark E, Trimmer JS, Lee AL, Sapolsky RM, Tempel BL, Schwartzkroin PA. (2007), 'Structural consequences of Kcna1 gene deletion and transfer in the mouse hippocampus..' Epilepsia. 10.1111/j.1528-1167.2007.01189.x.
- Vacher H, Mohapatra DP, Misonou H, Trimmer JS. (2007), 'Regulation of Kv1 channel trafficking by the mamba snake neurotoxin dendrotoxin K..' The FASEB Journal. 10.1096/fj.06-7229com.
- Pott C, Ren X, Tran DX, Yang MJ, Henderson S, Jordan MC, Roos KP, Garfinkel A, Philipson KD, Goldhaber JI. (2007), 'Mechanism of shortened action potential duration in Na+-Ca2+ exchanger knockout mice..' American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology. 10.1152/ajpcell.00177.2006.