Human Mouse Rat
ICC IHC WB
Fusion protein amino acids 203-496 of human Ankyrin-B (also known as ankyrin-2, brain ankyrin and non-erythroid ankyrin, accession number Q01484)
Mouse: 99% identity (292/294 amino acids identical)
Rat: 98% identity (291/294 amino acids identical)
~80% identity with Ankyrin-G
Ankyrin-2 (ANK-2) (Ankyrin-B) (Brain ankyrin) (Non-erythroid ankyrin)
TC Supernatant: AB_10675129
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Patzke C, Acuna C, Giam LR, Wernig M, Südhof TC.. (2016), 'Conditional deletion of L1CAM in human neurons impairs both axonal and dendritic arborization and action potential generation. .' Journal of Experimental Medicine. 10.1084/jem.20150951. " "
- Laird JG, Pan Y,, Modestou M, Yamaguchi DM, Song H,, Sokolov M, Baker SA.. (2015), 'Identification of a VxP Targeting Signal in the Flagellar Na+ /K+ -ATPase. .' Traffic. 10.1111/tra.12332. " "
- Ho TS, Zollinger DR, Chang KJ, Xu M, Cooper EC, Stankewich MC, Bennett V, Rasband MN.. (2014), 'A hierarchy of ankyrin-spectrin complexes clusters sodium channels at nodes of Ranvier. .' Nature Neuroscience. 10.1038/nn.3859. " "
- Carney KE, Milanese M, van Nierop P, Li KW, Oliet SH, Smit AB, Bonanno G, Verheijen MH.. (2014), 'Proteomic analysis of gliosomes from mouse brain: identification and investigation of glial membrane proteins. .' Journal of Proteome Research. 10.1021/pr500829z. " "
- Trinh-Trang-Tan MM, Bigot S, Picot J, Lecomte MC, Kordeli E.. (2014), 'AlphaII-spectrin participates in the surface expression of cell adhesion molecule L1 and neurite outgrowth. .' Exp Cell Research. 10.1016/j.yexcr.2014.01.012. " "
- Lysakowski A, Gaboyard-Niay S, Calin-Jageman I, Chatlani S, Price SD, Eatock RA.. (2011), 'Molecular microdomains in a sensory terminal, the vestibular calyx ending. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0521-11.2011. " "
- Huff TB, Shi Y, Sun W, Wu W, Shi R, Cheng JX.. (2011), 'Real-time CARS imaging reveals a calpain-dependent pathway for paranodal myelin retraction during high-frequency stimulation. .' PLoS One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0017176. "