Human Mouse Rat
IHC IP WB
Fusion protein amino acids 1929-2009 (cytoplasmic C-terminus) of rat Nav1.1 (accession number P04774)
Human: 97% identity (79/81 amino acids identical)
Mouse: 98% identity (80/81 amino acids identical)
No cross-reactivity with Nav1.2, Nav1.3 and Nav1.6
Sodium channel protein type 1 subunit alpha (Sodium channel protein brain I subunit alpha) (Sodium channel protein type I subunit alpha) (Voltage-gated sodium channel subunit alpha Nav1.1)
TC Supernatant: AB_10671830
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Bosch MK, Nerbonne JM,, Townsend RR,, Miyazaki H, Nukina N, Ornitz DM, Marionneau C.. (2016), 'Proteomic analysis of native cerebellar iFGF14 complexes. .' Channels (Austin).. 10.1080/19336950.2016.1153203. " "
- Li T, Tian C, Scalmani P, Frassoni C, Mantegazza M, Wang Y, Yang M, Wu S, Shu Y.. (2014), 'Action potential initiation in neocortical inhibitory interneurons. .' PLoS Biology. 10.1371/journal.pbio.1001944. " "
- Kim KX, Rutherford MA.. (2016), 'Maturation of NaV and KV Channel Topographies in the Auditory Nerve Spike Initiator before and after Developmental Onset of Hearing Function. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3437-15.2016. " "
- Freeman SA, Desmazières A, Simonnet J, Gatta M, Pfeiffer F, Aigrot MS, Rappeneau Q, Guerreiro S, Michel PP, Yanagawa Y, Barbin G, Brophy PJ, Fricker D, Lubetzki C, Sol-Foulon N.. (2015), 'Acceleration of conduction velocity linked to clustering of nodal components precedes myelination. .' Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America. 10.1073/pnas.1419099112. " "
- Wimmer VC, Harty RC, Richards KL, Phillips AM, Miyazaki H, Nukina N, Petrou S.. (2015), 'Sodium channel β1 subunit localizes to axon initial segments of excitatory and inhibitory neurons and shows regional heterogeneity in mouse brain. .' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.23715. " "
- Tian C, Wang K, Ke W, Guo H, Shu Y.. (2014), 'Molecular identity of axonal sodium channels in human cortical pyramidal cells. .' Frontiers in Neuroscience. 10.3389/fncel.2014.00297. " "
- Puthussery T, Venkataramani S, Gayet-Primo J, Smith RG, Taylor WR.. (2013), 'NaV1.1 channels in axon initial segments of bipolar cells augment input to magnocellular visual pathways in the primate retina. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1249-13.2013. " "
- Vega AV, Avila G, Matthews G.. (2013), 'Interaction between the transcriptional corepressor Sin3B and voltage-gated sodium channels modulates functional channel expression. .' Scientific Reports. 10.1038/srep02809. " "
- Xiao M, Bosch MK, Nerbonne JM, Ornitz DM.. (2013), 'FGF14 localization and organization of the axon initial segment. .' Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.mcn.2013.07.008. " "
- Papale LA, Makinson CD, Christopher Ehlen J, Tufik S, Decker MJ, Paul KN, Escayg A.. (2013), 'Altered sleep regulation in a mouse model of SCN1A-derived genetic epilepsy with febrile seizures plus (GEFS+). .' Epilepsia. 10.1111/epi.12060. " "
- Kaphzan H, Buffington SA, Jung JI, Rasband MN, Klann E.. (2011), 'Alterations in intrinsic membrane properties and the axon initial segment in a mouse model of Angelman syndrome. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.4162-11.2011. " "
- Wu C, Ivanova E, Cui J, Lu Q, Pan ZH.. (2011), 'Action potential generation at an axon initial segment-like process in the axonless retinal AII amacrine cell. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1861-11.2011. " "
- Lysakowski A, Gaboyard-Niay S, Calin-Jageman I, Chatlani S, Price SD, Eatock RA.. (2011), 'Molecular microdomains in a sensory terminal, the vestibular calyx ending. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0521-11.2011. " "
- Wykes R, Kalmbach A, Eliava M, Waters J.. (2012), 'Changes in the physiology of CA1 hippocampal pyramidal neurons in preplaque CRND8 mice. .' Neurobiology of Aging. 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2011.05.001. " "
- Ahn HS, Black JA, Zhao P, Tyrrell L, Waxman SG, Dib-Hajj SD.. (2011), 'Nav1.7 is the predominant sodium channel in rodent olfactory sensory neurons. .' Molecular Pain. 10.1186/1744-8069-7-32. " "
- Kim DY, Gersbacher MT, Inquimbert P, Kovacs DM.. (2011), 'Reduced sodium channel Na(v)1.1 levels in BACE1-null mice. .' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M110.134692. " "
- Wimmer VC, Reid CA, Mitchell S, Richards KL, Scaf BB, Leaw BT, Hill EL, Royeck M, Horstmann MT, Cromer BA, Davies PJ, Xu R, Lerche H, Berkovic SF, Beck H, Petrou S.. (2010), 'Axon initial segment dysfunction in a mouse model of genetic epilepsy with febrile seizures plus. .' Journal of Clinical Investigation. 10.1172/JCI42219. " "
- Lorincz A, Nusser Z.. (2010), 'Molecular identity of dendritic voltage-gated sodium channels. .' Science. 10.1126/science.1187958. " "
- Wimmer VC, Reid CA, So EY, Berkovic SF, Petrou S.. (2010), 'Axon initial segment dysfunction in epilepsy. .' The Journal of Physiology. 10.1113/jphysiol.2010.188417. " "
- Black JA, Newcombe J, Waxman SG.. (2010), 'Astrocytes within multiple sclerosis lesions upregulate sodium channel Nav1.5. .' Brain. 10.1093/brain/awq003. " "
- Brackenbury WJ, Calhoun JD, Chen C, Miyazaki H, Nukina N, Oyama F, Ranscht B, Isom LL.. (2010), 'Functional reciprocity between Na+ channel Nav1.6 and beta1 subunits in the coordinated regulation of excitability and neurite outgrowth. .' Proceedings of the National Academy of Science of the United States of America. 10.1073/pnas.0909434107. " "
- von Reyn CR, Spaethling JM, Mesfin MN, Ma M, Neumar RW, Smith DH, Siman R, Meaney DF.. (2009), 'Calpain mediates proteolysis of the voltage-gated sodium channel alpha-subunit. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2339-09.2009. "
- Tobin AA, Joseph BK, Al-Kindi HN, Albarwani S, Madden JA, Nemetz LT, Rusch NJ, Rhee SW.. (2009), 'Loss of cerebrovascular Shaker-type K(+) channels: a shared vasodilator defect of genetic and renal hypertensive rats..' American Journal of Physiology-Heart and Circulatory Physiology. 10.1152/ajpheart.00991.2008.
- Lorincz A, Nusser Z.. (2008), 'Cell-type-dependent molecular composition of the axon initial segment..' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.4833-08.2008.
- O'Malley HA, Shreiner AB, Chen GH, Huffnagle GB, Isom LL.. (2009), 'Loss of Na+ channel beta2 subunits is neuroprotective in a mouse model of multiple sclerosis..' Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.mcn.2008.10.001. "
- Vega AV, Henry DL, Matthews G.. (2008), 'Reduced expression of Na(v)1.6 sodium channels and compensation by Na(v)1.2 channels in mice heterozygous for a null mutation in Scn8a. .' Neuroscience Letters. 10.1016/j.neulet.2008.06.065. " "
- Zhao P, Barr TP, Hou Q, Dib-Hajj SD, Black JA, Albrecht PJ, Petersen K, Eisenberg E, Wymer JP, Rice FL, Waxman SG.. (2008), 'Voltage-gated sodium channel expression in rat and human epidermal keratinocytes: evidence for a role in pain. .' Pain. 10.1016/j.pain.2008.03.016. " "
- Mojumder DK, Frishman LJ, Otteson DC, Sherry DM.. (2007), 'Voltage-gated sodium channel alpha-subunits Na(v)1.1, Na(v)1.2, and Na(v)1.6 in the distal mammalian retina. .' Molecular Vision. . " "
- Lopez-Santiago LF, Meadows LS, Ernst SJ, Chen C, Malhotra JD, McEwen DP, Speelman A, Noebels JL, Maier SK, Lopatin AN, Isom LL.. (2007), 'Sodium channel Scn1b null mice exhibit prolonged QT and RR intervals. .' Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 10.1016/j.yjmcc.2007.07.062. " "
- Van Wart A, Trimmer JS, Matthews G.. (2007), 'Polarized distribution of ion channels within microdomains of the axon initial segment. .' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.21173. "