Human Mouse Rat
ICC IHC WB
Fusion protein amino acids 772-992 (C-terminus) of rat SAPAP1 (also known as disks large-associated protein 1, guanylate kinase-associated protein, GKAP, SAP90/PSD-95-associated/binding protein 1, accession number P97836)
Mouse: 99% identity (200/201 amino acids identical)
Human: 99% identity (199/201 amino acids identical)
55-65% identity with other SAPAPs
Cross-reacts with other SAPAPs
Disks large-associated protein 1 (SAPAP1) SAPAP-1 Disks large-associated protein 2 (SAPAP2) SAPAP-2 Disks large-associated protein 3 (SAPAP3) SAPAP-3 Disks large-associated protein 4 (SAPAP-4) SAPAP4
DLGAP1 DAP1 GKAP DLGAP2 C8orf68 DAP2 ERICH1-AS1 DLGAP3 DAP3 DLGAP4 DAP4 KIAA0964 SAPAP4
TC Supernatant: AB_10697886
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe lysate from COS cells overexpressing target.
This antibody recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecularweight when used to probe brain lysate.
This antibody shows the expected staining pattern when used to stain COS cells overexpressing target.
120 kDa (SAPAP2), 110 kDa (SAPAP1/3/4)
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each new lot of this antibody is tested to confirm that it recognizes a single immunoreactive band of expected molecular weight when used to probe brain lysate.
Citations and References
- Xu J, Marshall JJ, Fernandes HB, Nomura T, Copits BA, Procissi D, Mori S, Wang L, Zhu Y, Swanson GT, Contractor A.. (2017), 'Complete Disruption of the Kainate Receptor Gene Family Results in Corticostriatal Dysfunction in Mice. .' Cell Report. 10.1016/j.celrep.2017.01.073. " "
- Wang X, Bey AL, Katz BM, Badea A, Kim N, David LK, Duffney LJ,, Kumar S, Mague SD, Hulbert SW, Dutta N, Hayrapetyan V, Yu C, Gaidis E, Zhao S, Ding JD, Xu Q,, Chung L, Rodriguiz RM, Wang F, Weinberg RJ, Wetsel WC,,,, Dzirasa K,, Yin H,, Jiang YH,,.. (), 'Altered mGluR5-Homer scaffolds and corticostriatal connectivity in a Shank3 complete knockout model of autism. .' Nature Communications. 10.1038/ncomms11459. " "
- Zhang N, Zhong P, Shin SM, Metallo J, Danielson E, Olsen CM, Liu QS, Lee SH.. (2015), 'S-SCAM, a rare copy number variation gene, induces schizophrenia-related endophenotypes in transgenic mouse model. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3658-14.2015. " "
- Braude JP, Vijayakumar S, Baumgarner K, Laurine R, Jones TA, Jones SM, Pyott SJ.. (), 'Deletion of Shank1 has minimal effects on the molecular composition and function of glutamatergic afferent postsynapses in the mouse inner ear. .' Hearing Research. 10.1016/j.heares.2015.01.008. " "
- Wei Z, Behrman B, Wu WH, Chen BS.. (2013), 'Subunit-specific regulation of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor trafficking by SAP102 protein splice variants. .' The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M114.599969. " "
- Han K, Holder JL Jr, Schaaf CP, Lu H, Chen H, Kang H, Tang J, Wu Z, Hao S, Cheung SW, Yu P, Sun H, Breman AM, Patel A, Lu HC, Zoghbi HY.. (), 'SHANK3 overexpression causes manic-like behaviour with unique pharmacogenetic properties. .' Nature. 10.1038/nature12630. " "
- Shin SM, Zhang N, Hansen J, Gerges NZ, Pak DT, Sheng M, Lee SH.. (2012), 'GKAP orchestrates activity-dependent postsynaptic protein remodeling and homeostatic scaling. .' Nature Neuroscience. 10.1038/nn.3259. " "
- Danielson E, Zhang N, Metallo J, Kaleka K, Shin SM, Gerges N, Lee SH.. (2012), 'S-SCAM/MAGI-2 is an essential synaptic scaffolding molecule for the GluA2-containing maintenance pool of AMPA receptors. .' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0025-12.2012. "