Regular and sample vials contain 200 µL of this antibody mixture
Human Mouse Rat
ICC IHC WB
Chickens were immunized with recombinant GFAP (expressed in bacteria). After repeated injections, immune eggs were collected, the IgY fractions were purified from the yolks, and the IgY concentration adjusted to 20 mg/ml. This preparation was then diluted 1:10 with PBS containing bovine serum albumin as a carrier. Finally, the antibody preparation was filter-sterilized.
Glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP)
Default Title: AB_2313547
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Quality assurance analysis was performed using immunohistochemistry (at a dilution of 1:5000) using fluorescein-labeled goat anti-chicken IgY (1:500 dilution, Aves Labs Cat.# F-1005) as the secondary reagent.
Citations and References
- Yamada H, Ito D, Oki Y, Kitagawa M, Matsumoto T, Watari T, Kano K. (2014), 'Transplantation of mature adipocyte-derived dedifferentiated fat cells promotes locomotor functional recovery by remyelination and glial scar reduction after spinal cord injury in mice .' Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications . 10.1016/j.bbrc.2014.10.082.
- Hasegawa Y, Yoshida D, Nakamura Y, Sakakibara S. (2014), 'Spatiotemporal Distribution of SUMOylation Components during Mouse Brain Development .' The Journal of Comparative Neurology Research in Systems Neuroscience . 10.1002/cne.23563.
- Lassiter CM, Gal JS, Becker S, Hartman NW, Grabel L. (2016), 'Embryonic stem cell-derived neural progenitors transplanted to the hippocampus migrate on host vasculature.' Stem Cell Research. 10.1016/j.scr.2016.02.043.
- Hegde S, Capell WR, Ibrahim BA, Klett J, Patel NS, Sougiannis AT, Kelly MP. (2016), 'Phosphodiesterase 11A (PDE11A), Enriched in Ventral Hippocampus Neurons, is Required for Consolidation of Social but not Nonsocial Memories in Mice.' Neuropsychopharmacology . 10.1038/npp.2016.106.
- Platt RJ, Zhou Y, Slaymaker IM, Shetty AS, Weisbach NR, Kim JA, Sharma J, Desai M, Sood S, Kempton HR, Crabtree GR, Feng G, Zhang F. (2017), 'Chd8 Mutation Leads to Autistic-like Behaviors and Impaired Striatal Circuits .' Cell Reports. 10.1016/j.celrep.2017.03.052.
- Szot P, Franklin A, Figlewicz DP, Beuca TP, Bullock K, Hansen K, Banks WA, Raskind MA, Peskind ER. (2017), 'Multiple lipopolysaccharide (LPS) injections alters interleukin 6 (IL-6), IL-7, IL-10 and IL-6 and IL-7 receptor mRNA in CNS and spleen .' Neuroscience. 10.1016/j.neuroscience.2017.04.028.
- Nagahara AH, Wilson BR, Ivasyk I, Kovacs I, Rawalji S, Bringas JR, Pivirotto PJ, Sebastian WS, Samaranch L, Bankiewicz KS, Tuszynski MH. (2017), 'MR-guided delivery of AAV2-BDNF into the entorhinal cortex of non- human primates.' Gene Therapy. 10.1038/s41434-018-0010-2.
- Nakamuta S, Yang YT, Wang CL, Gallo NB, Yu JR, Tai Y, Van Aelst L. (2017), 'Dual role for DOCK7 in tangential migration of interneuron precursors in the postnatal forebrain.' Journal of Cell Biology. 10.1083/jcb.201704157.
- Ronca SE, Smith J, Koma T, Miller MM, Yun N, Dineley KT, Paessler S. (2017), 'Mouse Model of Neurological Complications Resulting from Encephalitic Alphavirus Infection.' Frontiers in Microbiology. 10.3389/fmicb.2017.00188.
- Lin JP, Mironova YA, Shrager P, Giger RJ. (2017), 'LRP1 regulates peroxisome biogenesis and cholesterol homeostasis in oligodendrocytes and is required for proper CNS myelin development and repair.' eLife. 10.7554/eLife.30498.
- Schweig JE, Yao H, Beaulieu-Abdelahad D, Ait-Ghezala G, Mouzon B, Crawford F, Mullan M, Paris D. (2017), 'Alzheimer’s disease pathological lesions activate the spleen tyrosine kinase.' Acta Neuropathologica Communications. 10.1186/s40478-017-0472-2.
- Patel NS, Klett J, Pilarzyk K, Lee DI, Kass D, Menniti FS, Kelly MP. (2018), 'Identification of new phosphodiesterase 9A (PDE9A) isoforms and how their expression and subcellular compartmentalization in brain changes across the lifespan .' Neurobiology of Aging . 10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2018.01.019.
- Yu Q, Xue Y, Liu J, Xi Z, Li Z, Liu Y. (2018), 'Fibronectin Promotes the Malignancy of Glioma Stem-Like Cells Via Modulation of Cell Adhesion, Differentiation, Proliferation and Chemoresistance.' Frontiers in Molecular Neuroscience. 10.3389/fnmol.2018.00130.
- Yu, FPS; Dworski, S; Medin, JA. (2018), 'Deletion of MCP-1 Impedes Pathogenesis of Acid Ceramidase Deficiency.' Scientific Reports. 10.1038/s41598-018-20052-6.
- Lo MC, Wang S, Singh S, Damodaran VB, Ahmed I, Coffey K, Barker D, Saste K, Kals K, Kaplan HM, Kohn J, Shreiber DI, Zahn JD. (2018), 'Evaluating the in vivo glial response to miniaturized parylene cortical probes coated with an ultra-fast degrading polymer to aid insertion.' Journal of Neural Engineering. 10.1088/1741-2552/aa9fad.
- Zhang Y, Bao Y, Qiu W, Peng L, Fang L, Xu Y, Yang H. (2018), 'Structural and visual functional deficits in a rat model of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorders related optic neuritis.' Experimental Eye Research. 10.1016/j.exer.2018.06.011.
- Mehta SR, Tom CM, Wang Y, Bresee C, Rushton D, Mathkar PP, Tang J, Mattis VB. (2018), 'Human Huntington’s Disease iPSC-Derived Cortical Neurons Display Altered Transcriptomics, Morphology, and Maturation.' Cell Reports. 10.1016/j.celrep.2018.09.076.
- Morin A, Mouzon B, Ferguson S, Paris D, Saltiel N, Lungmus C, Mullan M, Crawford F. (2018), 'Treatment With Nilvadipine Mitigates Inflammatory Pathology and Improves Spatial Memory in Aged hTau Mice After Repetitive Mild TBI.' Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience. 10.3389/fnagi.2018.00292].
- Putatunda R, Zhang Y, Li F, Yang XF, Barbe MF, Hu W. (2018), 'Adult neurogenic deficits in HIV-1 Tg26 transgenic mice.' Journal of Neuroinflammation. 10.1186/s12974-018-1322-2.
- Hill JD, Zuluaga-Ramirez V, Gajghate S, Winfield M, Sriram U, Rom S, Persidsky Y. (2018), 'Activation of GPR55 induces neuroprotection of hippocampal neurogenesis and immune responses of neural stem cells following chronic, systemic inflammation.' Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 10.1016/j.bbi.2018.11.017.
- Zhang B, Bailey WM, McVicar AL, Stewart AN, Veldhorst AK, Gensel JC. (2018), 'Reducing age-dependent monocyte-derived macrophage activation contributes to the therapeutic efficacy of NADPH oxidase inhibition in spinal cord injury.' Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 10.1016/j.bbi.2018.11.013.