Human Mouse Rat
ICC IHC WB
Human Myelin Protein Zero (Pz0) is a 28,400 dalton protein (258 amino acids) found in myelin of the PNS, but not the CNS. Expressed in myelinating Schwann cells, Po serves as a homophilic adhesion molecule, allowing adjacent laminae of the myelin sheath to undergo compaction. Po is also a marker of a subpopulation of migrating neural crest cells. Mutations of the MPZ gene product in humans is responsible for Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 1B neuropathies (HMSN1B).
Chickens were immunized with two synthetic peptide / keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) conjugates. These synthetic peptides corresponded to different regions of the Po gene product, but are shared between the human (NP_000521, NCBI) and mouse (NP_032649, NCBI) sequences. After repeated injections, immune eggs were collected, and the IgY fractions were purified from the yolks. These IgY fractions were then affinity-purified using a peptide column, and the concentrations of the eluates adjusted to 200 ug/ml. Finally, equal volumes of both of these affinitypurified anti-peptide antibodies were mixed, and the preparation was filter-sterilized.
Myelin protein P0 (Myelin peripheral protein) (MPP) (Myelin protein zero)
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Both of these anti-peptide antibodies were analyzed by immunohisto-chemistry (at a dilution of 1:2000) using fluorescein-labeled goat anti-chicken IgY (1:500 dilution, Aves Labs Cat.# F-1005) as the secondary reagent.
Citations and References
- Stratton JA, Shah PT, Kumar R, Stykel MG, Shapira Y, Grochmal J, Guo GF, Biernaskie J, Midha R (2015), 'The immunomodulatory properties of adult skin-derived precursor Schwann cells: implications for peripheral nerve injury therapy.' European Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1111/ejn.13006.
- Sapio MR, Goswami SC, Gross JR, Mannes AJ, Iadarola MJ (2016), 'Transcriptomic analyses of genes and tissues in inherited sensory neuropathies.' Experimental Neurology. 10.1016/j.expneurol.2016.06.023.
- Wegener A, Küspert M, Sock E, Philipsen S, Suske G, Wegner M (2016), 'Sp2 is the only glutamine-rich Specificity protein with minor impact on development and differentiation in myelinating glia.' Journal of Neurochemistry. 10.1111/jnc.13908.
- Sundem L, Chris Tseng KC, Li H, Ketz J, Noble M, Elfar J (2016), 'Erythropoietin Enhanced Recovery After Traumatic Nerve Injury: Myelination and Localized Effects.' The Journal of Hand Surgery. 10.1016/j.jhsa.2016.08.002.
- Brügger V, Duman M, Bochud M, Münger E, Heller M, Ruff S, Jacob C (2016), 'Delaying histone deacetylase response to injury accelerates conversion into repair Schwann cells and nerve regeneration.' Nature Communications. 10.1038/ncomms14272.
- Geary MB, Li H, Zingman A, Ketz J, Zuscik M, De Mesy Bentley KL, Noble M, Elfar JC (2016), 'Erythropoietin accelerates functional recovery after moderate sciatic nerve crush injury.' Muscle & Nerve. 10.1002/mus.25459.
- Beirowski B, Wong KM, Babetto E, Milbrandt J (2017), 'mTORC1 promotes proliferation of immature Schwann cells and myelin growth of differentiated Schwann cells.' PNAS. 10.1073/pnas.1620761114.
- Stratton JA, Kumar R, Sinha S, Shah P, Stykel M, Shapira Y, Midha R, Biernaskie J (2017), 'Purification and Characterization of Schwann Cells from Adult Human Skin and Nerve.' eNeuro. 10.1523/ENEURO.0307-16.2017.
- Fazal SV, Gomez-Sanchez JA, Wagstaff LJ, Musner N, Otto G, Janz M, Mirsky R, Jessen KR (2017), 'Graded Elevation of c-Jun in Schwann Cells In Vivo: Gene Dosage Determines Effects on Development, Remyelination, Tumorigenesis, and Hypomyelination.' Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.0986-17.2017.
- Assinck P, Duncan GJ, Plemel JR, Lee MJ, Stratton JA, Manesh SB, Liu J, Ramer LM, Kang SH, Bergles DE, Biernaskie J, Tetzlaff W (2017), 'Myelinogenic Plasticity of Oligodendrocyte Precursor Cells following Spinal Cord Contusion Injury.' The Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2409-16.2017.
- Park J, Decker JT, Margul DJ, Smith DR, Cummings BJ, Anderson AJ, Shea LD (2018), 'Local Immunomodulation with Anti-inflammatory Cytokine-Encoding Lentivirus Enhances Functional Recovery after Spinal Cord.' Molecular Therapy (Cell Press). 10.1016/j.ymthe.2018.04.022.
- Truch K, Arter J, Turnescu T, Weider M, Hartwig AC, Tamm ER, Sock E, Wegner M (2018), 'Analysis of the human SOX10 mutation Q377X in mice and its implications for genotype-phenotype correlation in SOX10-related human disease..' Human Molecular Genetics. 10.1093/hmg/ddy029.
- Volpi VG, Pagani I, Ghezzi S, Iannacone M, D'Antonio M, Vicenzi E (2018), 'Zika Virus Replication in Dorsal Root Ganglia Explants from Interferon Receptor1 Knockout Mice Causes Myelin Degeneration.' Nature Scientific Reports. 10.1038/s41598-018-28257-5.
- VerPlank JJS, Lokireddy S, Feltri ML, Goldberg AL, Wrabetz L (2018), 'Impairment of protein degradation and proteasome function in hereditary neuropathies.' Glia. 10.1002/glia.23251.
- Smith DR, Margul DJ, Dumont CM, Carlson MA, Munsell MK, Johnson M, Cummings BJ, Anderson AJ, Shea LD (2018), 'Combinatorial lentiviral gene delivery of pro-oligodendrogenic factors to improve myelination of regenerating axons after spinal cord injury.' Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 10.1002/bit.26838.
- Stratton JA, Holmes A, Rosin NL, Sinha S, Vohra M, Burma NE, Trang T, Midha R, Biernaskie J (2018), 'Macrophages Regulate Schwann Cell Maturation after Nerve Injury.' Cell Reports. 10.1016/j.celrep.2018.08.004.
- Estrada V, Krebbers J, Voss C, Brazda N, Blazyca H, Illgen J, Seide K, Jürgens C, Müller J, Martini R, Trieu HK, Müller HW (2018), 'Low-pressure micro-mechanical re-adaptation device sustainably and effectively improves locomotor recovery from complete spinal cord injury.' Nature Communications Biology. 10.1038/s42003-018-0210-8.
- Enric Domenech-Estevez, Hasna Baloui, XCendrine Repond, Katia Rosafio, Jean-Jacques Medard, Nicolas Tricaud, Luc Pellerin, and Roman Chrast (2015), 'Distribution of Monocarboxylate Transporters in the Peripheral Nervous System Suggests Putative Roles in Lactate Shuttling and Myelination.' The Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.3534-14.2015.
- Sophie Belin Francesca Ornaghi Ghjuvan’Ghjacumu Shackleford Jie Wang Cristina Scapin Camila Lopez-Anido Nicholas Silvestri Neil Robertson Courtney Williamson Akihiro Ishii Carla Taveggia John Svaren Rashmi Bansal H Markus Schwab Klaus Nave Pietro Fratta Maurizio D’Antonio Yannick Poitelon M Laura Feltri Lawrence Wrabetz (2018), 'Neuregulin 1 type III improves peripheral nerve myelination in a mouse model of Congenital Hypomyelinating Neuropathy .' Human Molecular Genetics. 10.1093/hmg/ddy420.
- Courtney M. Dumont, Mitchell A. Carlson, Mary K. Munsell, Andrew J. Ciciriello, Katerina Strnadova, Jonghyuck Park, Brian J. Cummings, Aileen J. Anderson, Lonnie D. Shea (2018), 'Aligned hydrogel tubes guide regeneration following spinal cord injury.' Acta Biomaterialia. 10.1016/j.actbio.2018.12.052.
- Mark Noble; Kuang-Ching (Chris) Tseng; Haiyan Li; John C. Elfar (2019), '4-Aminopyridine as a Single Agent Diagnostic and Treatment for Severe Nerve Crush Injury.' Military Medicine. 10.1093/milmed/usy399.