ICC IHC WB
Mouse Nestin is a 206,994 dalton protein (1864 amino acids) expressed in neural crest cells, CNS neural stems cells, as well as a few non-neural cell types in the embryo, including cells within the pancreatic islets of Langerhans and the limb bud. Nestin is an intermediate filament-associated protein, and contributes to the cytoskeleton.
Chickens were immunized with three synthetic peptide / keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) conjugates. These synthetic peptides corresponded to different regions of the mouse nestin gene product (NM_NP_057910), but are shared with the rat (NM_012987, NCBI) protein sequence. After repeated injections, immune eggs were collected, and the IgY fractions were purified from the yolks. These IgY fractions were then affinity-purified using a peptide column, and the concentrations of the eluates adjusted to 300 ug/ml. Finally, equal volumes of each of the three affinity-purified anti-peptide antibodies were mixed, and the preparation was filtersterilized.
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Each of the three antibodies were analyzed by immunohistochemistry (at a dilution of 1:20000) using fluorescein-labeled goat anti-chicken IgY (1:500 dilution, Aves Labs Cat.# F-1005) as the secondary reagent.
Citations and References
- Hasegawa Y, Yoshida D, Nakamura Y, Sakakibara S (2014), 'Spatiotemporal Distribution of SUMOylation Components during Mouse Brain Development.' The Journal of Comparative Neurology Research in Systems Neuroscience. 10.1002/cne.23563.
- Langness S, Coimbra R, Eliceiri BP, Costantini TW (2015), 'Vagus Nerve Mediates the Neural Stem Cell Response to Intestinal Injury.' Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2015.05.015.
- Malik A, Kondratov RV, Jamasbi RJ, Geusz ME (2016), 'Circadian Clock Genes Are Essential for Normal Adult Neurogenesis, Differentiation, and Fate Determination.' Plos One. 10.1371/journal.pone.0139655.
- Bian Q, Jain A, Xu X, Kebaish K, Crane JL, Zhang Z, Wan M, Ma L, Riley LH, Sponseller PD, Guo XE, Lu WW, Wang Y, Cao X (2016), 'Excessive Activation of TGFß by Spinal Instability Causes Vertebral Endplate Sclerosis.' Nature Scientific Reports. 10.1038/srep27093.
- Jobe EM, Gao Y, Eisinger BE, Mladucky JK, Giuliani CC, Kelnhofer LE, Zhao X (2016), 'Methyl-CpG binding protein MBD1 regulates neuronal lineage commitment through maintaining adult neural stem cell identity.' The Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1075-16.2016.
- Shimozaki K (2016), 'Ten-Eleven Translocation 1 and 2 Confer Overlapping Transcriptional Programs for the Proliferation of Cultured Adult Neural Stem Cells.' Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology. 10.1007/s10571-016-0432-6.
- Ho CY, Ames HM, Tipton A, Vezina G, Liu JS, Scafidi J, Torii M, Rodriguez FJ, du Plessis A, DeBiasi RL (2017), 'Differential Neuronal Susceptibility and Apoptosis in Congenital ZIKV Infection.' Annals of Neurology. 10.1002/ana.24968.
- Kimura A, Matsuda T, Sakai A, Murao N, Nakashima K (2017), 'HMGB2 expression is associated with transition from a quiescent to an activated state of adult neural stem cells.' Developmental Dynamics. 10.1002/dvdy.24559.
- Li C, Chai Y, Wang L, Gao B, Chen H, Gao P, Zhou FQ, Luo X, Crane JL, Yu B, Cao X, Wan M (2017), 'Programmed cell senescence in skeleton during late puberty.' Nature Communications. 10.1038/s41467-017-01509-0.
- Nakamuta S, Yang YT, Wang CL, Gallo NB, Yu JR, Tai Y, Van Aelst L (2017), 'Dual role for DOCK7 in tangential migration of interneuron precursors in the postnatal forebrain.' Journal of Cell Biology. 10.1083/jcb.201704157.
- Renault-Mihara F, Mukaino M, Shinozaki M, Kumamaru H, Kawase S, Baudoux M, Ishibashi T, Kawabata S, Nishiyama Y, Sugai K, Yasutake K, Okada S, Nakamura M, Okano H (2017), 'Regulation of RhoA by STAT3 coordinates glial scar formation.' Journal of Cell Biology. 10.1083/jcb.201610102.
- Yoon KJ, Song G, Qian X, Pan J, Xu D, Rho HS, Kim NS, Habela C, Zheng L, Jacob F, Zhang F, Lee EM, Huang WK, Ringeling FR, Vissers C, Li C, Yuan L, Kang K, Kim S, Yeo J, Cheng Y, Liu S, Wen Z, Qin CF, Wu Q, Christian KM, Tang H, Jin P, Xu Z, Qian J, Zhu H, Song H, Ming GL (2017), 'Zika-Virus-Encoded NS2A Disrupts Mammalian Cortical Neurogenesis by Degrading Adherens Junction Proteins.' Cell Stem Cell. 10.1016/j.stem.2017.07.014.
- Bao H, Asrican B, Li W, Gu B, Wen Z, Lim SA, Haniff I, Ramakrishnan C, Deisseroth K, Philpot B, Song J (2017), 'Long-Range GABAergic Inputs Regulate Neural Stem Cell Quiescence and Control Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis.' Cell Stem Cell. 10.1016/j.stem.2017.10.003.
- Su W, Foster SC, Xing R, Feistel K, Olsen RH, Acevedo SF, Raber J, Sherman LS (2017), 'CD44 and Hyaluronan Regulate Adult Hippocampal Neural Stem Cell Quiescence and Differentiation.' Journal Biochemical Chemistry. 10.1074/jbc.M116.774109.
- Crowther AJ, Lim SA, Asrican B, Albright BH, Wooten J, Yeh CY, Bao H, Cerri DH, Hu J, Ian Shih YY, Asokan A, Song J (2018), 'An Adeno-Associated Virus-Based Toolkit for Preferential Targeting and Manipulating Quiescent Neural Stem Cells in the Adult Hippocampus.' Stem Cell Reports. 10.1016/j.stemcr.2018.01.018.
- Jinnou H, Sawada M, Kawase K, Kaneko N, Herranz-Pérez V, Miyamoto T, Kawaue T, Miyata T, Tabata Y, Akaike T, García-Verdugo JM, Ajioka I, Saitoh S, Sawamoto K (2018), 'Radial Glial Fibers Promote Neuronal Migration and Functional Recovery after Neonatal Brain Injury.' Cell Stem Cell. 10.1016/j.stem.2017.11.005.
- Wong SZH, Scott EP, Mu W, Guo X, Borgenheimer E, Freeman M, Ming GL, Wu QF, Song H, Nakagawa Y (2018), 'In vivo clonal analysis reveals spatiotemporal regulation of thalamic nucleogenesis.' Plos One. 10.1371/journal.pbio.2005211.
- Wang X, Li F, Xie L, Crane J, Zhen G, Mishina Y, Deng R, Gao B, Chen H, Liu S, Yang P, Gao M, Tu M, Wang Y, Wan M, Fan C, Cao X (2018), 'Inhibition of overactive TGF-ß attenuates progression of heterotopic ossification in mice.' Nature Communications. 10.1038/s41467-018-02988-5.
- Wang X, Xie L, Crane J, Zhen G, Li F, Yang P, Gao M, Deng R, Wang Y, Jia X, Fan C, Wan M, Cao X (2018), 'Aberrant TGF-ß activation in bone tendon insertion induces enthesopathy-like disease.' Journal of Clinical Investigation. 10.1172/JCI96186.
- Yamada S, Sakakibara SI (2018), 'Expression profile of the STAND protein Nwd1 in the developing and mature mouse central nervous system.' Journal of Comparative Neurology. 10.1002/cne.24495.
- Huang H, Wang J, Zhang Y, Zhu G, Li YP, Ping J, Chen W (2018), 'Bone resorption deficiency affects tooth root development in RANKL mutant mice due to attenuated IGF-1 signaling in radicular odontoblasts.' Bone. 10.1016/j.bone.2017.12.026.
- Chun-Chun Cheng, Ko Tsutsui, Toru Taguchi, Noriko Sanzen, Asako Nakagawa, Kisa Kakiguchi, Shigenobu Yonemura, Chiharu Tanegashima, Sean D Keeley, Hiroshi Kiyonari, Yasuhide Furuta, Yasuko Tomono, Fiona M Watt, Hironobu Fujiwara (2018), 'Hair follicle epidermal stem cells define a niche for tactile sensation.' eLIFE. 10.7554/eLife.38883.001.
- Minjie Shen, Feifei Wang, Meng Li, Nirnath Sah, Michael E. Stockton, Joseph J. Tidei, Yu Gao, Tomer Korabelnikov, Sudharsan Kannan, Jason D. Vevea , Edwin R. Chapman, Anita Bhattacharyya, Henriette van Praag , and Xinyu Zhao (2019), 'Reduced mitochondrial fusion and Huntingtin levels contribute to impaired dendritic maturation and behavioral deficits in Fmr1-mutant mice.' Nature Neuroscience. 10.1038/ s41593-019-0338-y.
- Jessica Neville Little, and Noelle D. Dwyer (2019), 'p53 deletion rescues lethal microcephaly in a mouse model with neural stem cell abscission defects.' Human Molecular Genetics. 10.1093/hmg/ddy350 .
- Hongda Li, Laura Saucedo-Cuevas, Ling Yuan, ..., Sujan Shresta, Zhiheng Xu, Joseph G. Gleeson (2019), 'Zika Virus Protease Cleavage of Host Protein Septin- 2 Mediates Mitotic Defects in Neural Progenitors.' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2019.01.010.
- Xiao Xiao, Raj Putatunda, Yonggang Zhang, Priya V. Soni, Fang Li, Ting Zhang, Mingyang Xin, Jin Jun Luo, John R. Bethea, Yuan ChengEmail author and Wenhui Hu (2018), 'Lymphotoxin ß receptor-mediated NF?B signaling promotes glial lineage differentiation and inhibits neuronal lineage differentiation in mouse brain neural stem/progenitor cells.' Journal of Neuroinflammation. 10.1186/s12974-018-1074-z.