Regular vials contain 1000 µL of this antibody mixture; Sampler vials contain 200 µL of this mixture.
Human Mouse Rat
ICC IHC WB
Chickens were immunized with a synthetic peptide / keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) conjugate. The peptide corresponded to a region of the MBP gene product shared between the human (NP_002376, NCBI) and mouse (NP_034907, NCBI) sequences. After repeated injections, immune eggs were collected, the IgY fractions were purified from the yolks, and then affinity-purified using a peptide column. The concentrations of the eluates were then adjusted to 100 ug/ml, and the preparation was filter-sterilized.
Myelin basic protein (MBP) (Myelin A1 protein) (Myelin membrane encephalitogenic protein)
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
Can recognize multiple bands between 14-22 kDa, corresponding to different MBP isoforms
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Quality assurance analysis was performed using immunohistochemistry (at a dilution of 1:2000) using fluorescein-labeled goat anti-chicken IgY (1:500 dilution, Aves Labs Cat.# F-1005) as the secondary reagent.
Citations and References
- Yamada H, Ito D, Oki Y, Kitagawa M, Matsumoto T, Watari T, Kano K (2014), 'Transplantation of mature adipocyte-derived dedifferentiated fat cells promotes locomotor functional recovery by remyelination and glial scar reduction after spinal cord injury in mice.' Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 10.1016/j.bbrc.2014.10.082.
- Liu J, Song N, Guardiola J, Roman J, Yu J (2016), 'Slowly Adapting Sensory Units Have More Receptors in Large Airways than in Small Airways in Rabbits.' Frontiers in Pysciology. 10.3389/fphys.2016.00588.
- Hegde S, Capell WR, Ibrahim BA, Klett J, Patel NS, Sougiannis AT, Kelly MP (2016), 'Phosphodiesterase 11A (PDE11A), Enriched in Ventral Hippocampus Neurons, is Required for Consolidation of Social but not Nonsocial Memories in Mice.' Neuropsychopharmacology. 10.1038/npp.2016.106.
- Araújo SES, Mendonça HR, Wheeler NA, Campello-Costa P, Jacobs KM, Gomes FCA, Fox MA, Fuss B (2017), 'Inflammatory demyelination alters subcortical visual circuits.' Jounral of Neuroinflammation. 10.1186/s12974-017-0936-0.
- Choquet K, Yang S, Moir RD, Forget D, Larivière R, Bouchard A, Poitras C, Sgarioto N, Dicaire MJ, Noohi F, Kennedy TE, Rochford J, Bernard G, Teichmann M, Coulombe B, Willis IM, Kleinman CL, Brais B (2017), 'Absence of neurological abnormalities in mice homozygous for the Polr3a G672E hypomyelinating leukodystrophy mutation.' Molecular Brain. 10.1186/s13041-017-0294-y.
- Beirowski B, Wong KM, Babetto E, Milbrandt J (2017), 'mTORC1 promotes proliferation of immature Schwann cells and myelin growth of differentiated Schwann cells.' PNAS. 10.1073/pnas.1620761114.
- Assinck P, Duncan GJ, Plemel JR, Lee MJ, Stratton JA, Manesh SB, Liu J, Ramer LM, Kang SH, Bergles DE, Biernaskie J, Tetzlaff W (2017), 'Myelinogenic Plasticity of Oligodendrocyte Precursor Cells following Spinal Cord Contusion Injury.' The Journal of Neuroscience. 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2409-16.2017.
- Larson VA, Mironova Y, Vanderpool KG, Waisman A, Rash JE, Agarwal A, Bergles DE (2018), 'Oligodendrocytes control potassium accumulation in white matter and seizure susceptibility.' eLife. 10.7554/eLife.34829.
- Hines TJ, Gao X, Sahu S, Lange MM, Turner JR, Twiss JL, Smith DS (2018), 'An Essential Postdevelopmental Role for Lis1 in Mice.' eNeuro. 10.1523/ENEURO.0350-17.2018.
- Yung A, Mattucci S, Bohnet B, Liu J, Fournier C, Tetzlaff W, Kozlowski P, Oxland T (2018), 'Diffusion tensor imaging shows mechanism-specific differences in injury pattern and progression in rat models of acute spinal cord injury.' NeuroImage. 10.1016/j.neuroimage.2018.10.067.
- Tania M. Fowke, Robert Galinsky, Joanne O. Davidson, Guido Wassink, Rashika N. Karunasinghe, Jaya D. Prasad, Laura Bennet, Alistair J. Gunn, Justin M. Dean (2018), 'Loss of interneurons and disruption of perineuronal nets in the cerebral cortex following hypoxia-ischaemia in near-term fetal sheep.' Nature Scientific Reports. 10.1038/s41598-018-36083-y.
- Xu, Zhizhonga,c,; Adilijiang, Abulimitia,c,; Wang, Wenqianga; You, Pana; Lin, Duoduoa; Li, Xinmina,c; He, Jue (2019), 'Arecoline attenuates memory impairment and demyelination in a cuprizone-induced mouse model of schizophrenia.' NeuroReport. 10.1097/WNR.0000000000001172.
- Cassandra E Meyer, Josephine L Gao, James Ying-Jie Cheng, Mandavi R Oberoi, Hadley Johnsonbaugh, Stefano Lepore, Florian Kurth, Mackenzie J Thurston, Noriko Itoh, Kevin R Patel, Rhonda R Voskuhl and Allan MacKenzie-Graham (2019), 'Axonal damage in spinal cord is associated with gray matter atrophy in sensorimotor cortex in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.' Multiple Sclerosis Journal. 10.1177/1352458519830614.