Human Mouse Rat
ICC IHC WB
Human MAP-2 is a 199,296 dalton protein (1827 amino acids) expressed in neurons of the PNS and CNS, where it serves as a major component of the neuronal cytoskeleton. MAP-2 contributes to structural integrity and cell shape.
Chickens were immunized with two synthetic peptide / keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) conjugates. These synthetic peptides corresponded to different regions of the MAP-2 gene product, but are shared between the human (NP_002365, NCBI) and mouse (P20357, NCBI) sequences. After repeated injections, immune eggs were collected, and the IgY fractions were purified from the yolks. These IgY fractions were then affinity-purified using a peptide column, and the concentrations of the eluates adjusted to 200 ug/ml. Finally, equal volumes of both of these affinitypurified anti-peptide antibodies were mixed, and the preparation was filter-sterilized.
Microtubule-associated protein 2 (MAP-2)
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
Both of these anti-peptide antibodies were analyzed by immunohisto-chemistry (at a dilution of 1:2000) using fluorescein-labeled goat anti-chicken IgY (1:500 dilution, Aves Labs Cat.# F-1005) as the secondary reagent.
Citations and References
- Shahsavani M, Pronk RJ, Falk R, Lam M, Moslem M, Linker SB, Salma J, Day K, Schuster J, Anderlid BM, Dahl N, Gage FH, Falk A. (2017), 'An in vitro model of lissencephaly: expanding the role of DCX during neurogenesis.' Molecular Psychiatry. 10.1038/mp.2017.175.
- Zhang S, Zhao E, Winkelstein BA. (2017), 'A Nociceptive Role for Integrin Signaling in Pain After Mechanical Injury to the Spinal Facet Capsular Ligament.' Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 10.1007/s10439-017-1917-2.
- Niere F, Raab-Graham KF. (2017), 'mTORC1 Is a Local, Postsynaptic Voltage Sensor Regulated by Positive and Negative Feedback Pathways.' Frontiers in Cellular Neuoroscience. 10.3389/fncel.2017.00152.
- Li J, Han W, Pelkey KA, Duan J, Mao X, Wang YX, Craig MT, Dong L, Petralia RS, McBain CJ, Lu W. (2017), 'Molecular Dissection of Neuroligin 2 and Slitrk3 Reveals an Essential Framework for GABAergic Synapse Development.' Neuron. 10.1016/j.neuron.2017.10.003.
- Ash PEA, Dhawan U, Boudeau S, Lei S, Carlomagno Y, Knobel M, Al Mohanna LFA, Boomhower SR, Newland MC, Sherr DH, Wolozin B. (2018), 'Heavy metal neurotoxicants induce ALS-linked TDP-43 pathology.' Toxicological Sciences. 10.1093/toxsci/kfy267.