Regular vials contain 1000 µL of this antibody mixture; Sampler vials contain 200 µL of this mixture.
Human Mouse Rat
Chickens were immunized with two synthetic peptide / keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) conjugates. These synthetic peptides corresponded to different regions of the doublecortin gene product, but are shared between the human (CAA06617.1, NCBI) and mouse (AAT58219.1, NCBI) sequences. After repeated injections, immune eggs were collected, and the IgY fractions were purified from the yolks. These IgY fractions were then affinity-purified using a peptide column, and the concentrations of the eluates adjusted to 200 ug/ml. Finally, equal volumes of these affinity-purified antipeptide antibodies were mixed, and the preparation was filter-sterilized.
Neuronal migration protein doublecortin (Doublin) (Lissencephalin-X) (Lis-X)
DCX DBCN LISX
Antibody Validation and Application Notes
This antibody has been validated using the following assays:
The following quality control assay is performed on each new lot of this antibody to ensure it meets designated performance requirements.
This anti-peptide antibody mixture was analyzed by immunohistochemistry (at a dilution of 1:2000) using fluorescein-labeled goat anti-chicken IgY (1:500 dilution, Aves Labs Cat.# F-1005) as the secondary reagent.
Citations and References
- Smagin DA, Park JH, Michurina TV, Peunova N, Glass Z, Sayed K, Bondar NP, Kovalenko IN, Kudryavtseva NN, Enikolopov G (2015), 'Altered Hippocampal Neurogenesis and Amygdalar Neuronal Activity in Adult Mice with Repeated Experience of Aggression.' Frontiers in Neurosciene. 10.3389/fnins.2015.00443.
- Lim RG, Salazar LL, Wilton DK, King AR, Stocksdale JT, Sharifabad D, Lau AL, Stevens B, Reidling JC, Winokur ST, Casale MS, Thompson LM, Pardo M, Díaz-Barriga AGG, Straccia M, Sanders P, Alberch J, Canals JM, Kaye JA, Dunlap M, Jo L, May H, Mount E, Anderson-Bergman C, Haston K, Finkbeiner S, Kedaigle AJ, Gipson TA, Yildirim F, Ng CW, Milani P, Housman DE, Fraenkel E, Allen ND, Kemp PJ, Atwal RS, Biagioli M, Gusella JF, MacDonald ME, Akimov SS, Arbez N, Stewart J, Ross CA, Mattis VB, Tom CM, Ornelas L, Sahabian A, Lenaeus L, Mandefro B, Sareen D, Svendsen CN (2017), 'Developmental alterations in Huntington's disease neural cells and pharmacological rescue in cells and mice.' Nature Neuroscience. 10.1038/nn.4532.
- Mellios N, Feldman DA, Sheridan SD, Ip JPK, Kwok S, Amoah SK, Rosen B, Rodriguez BA, Crawford B, Swaminathan R, Chou S, Li Y, Ziats M, Ernst C, Jaenisch R, Haggarty SJ, Sur M (2017), 'MeCP2-regulated miRNAs control early human neurogenesis through differential effects on ERK and AKT signaling.' Molecular Psychiatry. 10.1038/mp.2017.86.
- Mehta SR, Tom CM, Wang Y, Bresee C, Rushton D, Mathkar PP, Tang J, Mattis VB (2018), 'Human Huntington’s Disease iPSC-Derived Cortical Neurons Display Altered Transcriptomics, Morphology, and Maturation.' Cell Reports. 10.1016/j.celrep.2018.09.076.
- A Alachkar, L Wang, R Yoshimura, AR Hamzeh, Z Wang, N Sanathara, SM Lee, X Xu, GW Abbott, and O Civelli (2017), 'Prenatal one-carbon metabolism dysregulation programs schizophrenia-like deficits.' Molecular Psychiatry. 10.1038/mp.2017.164.