Job title: Lab Animal Manager
Job type: Full time
Location: Davis, CA
Job Description: Antibodies Incorporated (AI) was founded in 1960 to provide essential products for the growing immunology market. In the years since our founding AI has grown into a 40-acre campus comprised of laboratories, manufacturing and animal care facilities. Our manufacturing group is a partner to some of the world’s leading life sciences companies while our antibody group provides custom antibody services for a diverse clientele including pharmaceutical and biotech companies as well as academic researchers. AI also proudly offers an extensive catalog of highly-validated neuroscience antibodies which serve as a valuable resource to neuroscientists worldwide.
We are currently seeking a Lab Animal Manager to join our growing antibody development group. The ideal candidate will have solid hands-on experience performing injections and blood draws with both large and small animals, as we develop antibodies in a variety of species including: mice, rabbits, chickens, goats, and alpacas. In addition to having a strong foundation in procedural work with lab animals, the candidate should also be able and motivated to provide leadership to the Lab Animal Group including: managing projects, overseeing staff training, and generally ensuring that the Lab Animal Department is efficiently run. As Lab Animal Manager you will:
- Manage projects and work collaboratively with other departments to ensure successful project completion
- Supervise a lab animal technician and husbandry technicians to ensure project and daily tasks are completed
- Communicate with clients to plan projects and keep them informed of progress
- Oversee the care and health of all animals in collaboration with our attending veterinarian
The use of antibodies as research tools, therapeutic drugs, and as reagents in diagnostic assays continues to grow. This position represents a very exciting opportunity to grow your career with our growing company.
As a small company our success depends upon the ability of our employees to adapt to changing project requirements and to anticipate client and marketplace needs. If you are someone who enjoys working on a variety of projects and having the opportunity to innovate and help grow a company, AI may well be the place for you!
- BS in Animal Science or equivalent experience in a lab animal environment.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with laboratory animals and experience with injections, blood draws, and administration of anesthesia. Experience with animal surgeries preferred.
- Ambitious and motivated to manage and lead
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to lead by example and motivate others
- Demonstrates high level of responsibility for the care of animals
- Reliable and hard-working
- Good written and oral communication skills
Benefits: Antibodies Incorporated offers a competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive health and dental insurance and a 401k plan.